1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i told my mother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by javgier, Jul 17, 2012.

1. javgier

i decided to tell my mom on a camping trip. ok so at first i psyched myself up and i was like (!) im totally gunna do this. so i told her i had a boyfriend, and she walked away from me. she didnt talk to me for about 2 days, and then i sucked up all the fear i had and through out some blind couRAGE. she was mad i told her after i told some other people, like she was the last to know. she said she still loved me, but she didnt like it and it would take some getting used to. things are pretty different now but im just glad i told her.

2. Gen

Gen

I'm happy for you ^(^_^)^. And atleast even she said that she would come around to it eventually.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!! I'm glad to hear that she is coming around. It probably just came as a shock for her.

4. Reader

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's a couragous thing to do in going up to her and telling her you have a boyfriend!
    I mean, I texted my mum then hid in the bathroom!:icon_redf
    Just show her that you haven't changed as a person- act as usual around her and show her you're still the son she loves! :goodluck:

5. BornAnew

Congrats on telling her, that's the hardest step so well done!!

Hopefully in time she'll get used to it and approve. It's a good sign that she already said it'll take time to get used to it as she is already moving towards trying to get used to it! :slight_smile:

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, it does take a lot of courage to walk directly into our fear and face it, and you did it and stayed with it, and that's a lot to be proud of.

Remember that this probably came as a total shock to her, and while you've been thinking about being gay and processing it for quite a while, it's all new to her. So I think her response was actually pretty positive. And I'm sure that once she works through the anger... she'll be fine with it. :slight_smile: