1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told a few people...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Rarar, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Rarar

Heya!

Well, I came put to two of my closest friends. The first one was a girl, who was really accepting. The second was a guy, who I've been crazily in love with. He was absolutely fine with it, and gave me lots of encouragement. I haven't told anyone else yet, but I'm planning to. I just wanted to post so people can see that it's not completely negative. xD

2. maxx

Congratulations, Rarar! (!). That's great!

You should be very proud of yourself!

(*hug*)
    Maxx

3. Theory

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Awesome! You're friends are great and as Maxx said, be proud :grin:

4. Rarar

Thank you! I'm pretty sure that most of my friends will be pretty accepting, the problem is with these two people, who are open homophobes...
    The next step is going to be the hardest though; telling my parents. :S

5. Rarar

Two steps back.

I was planning on telling my parents pretty soon, but then we were having a discussion on where to go on holiday. My sister suggested Brighton, then my mum said "no, that's the gay capital of britain!" My sister laughed and said "it's fine for you, you haven't got a problem with it, you've got a gay friend." My mum said "i'm homophobic". My dad didn't really say anything.

It was horrible listening to that. I felt as if my bubble had burst, as I'd been SO happy for telling my close friends and not being rejected by them. ):

Now I'm contemplating whether telling them at all..or just waiting 'till I'm in a relationship. :_(

6. Gen

Gen

I wouldnt recommend waiting till you are in a relationship, because it could be quite a bit for them to take in, if they do have a problem with it. Its best to take it slow. I would say that sometime in the next year or two would be the best years to tell them if you think they can handle it. However, if it were a really negative situation then I would recommend waiting till 18/college. Though it doesnt seem like that type of situation to me.

Are you sure she was serious? I ask because saying "I'm homophobic" is quite blantant. Making homophobic comments is one thing, but saying I'm Homophobic is like saying I'm a racist or a sexist. Its just not something people usually refer to themselves as in a serious manner.

Ultimately, you have to just go with your gut. If you feel like it now is the time then you might as well get it over with. However, if you feel like it could put you in a bad environment than I would advise against it. Hope it goes well :slight_smile:.

7. Rarar

Well, since my mum has a gay friend, I think it'll be easier for her. My dad, I have no idea about. My sister is pretty anti-gay, but she does like Teddy from 90210, who's gay in the show.

I want to tell them soon, but I also want to wait till Uni in a few years, where I'll be away from home and won't have to deal with it so much...aaahhhhhhh! Why is life and love not simple?!

8. Rarar

Huh.

Okay.

Well, I've decided that I'm gonna come out to my parents tomorrow. My friend has convinced me.

Wish me luck! =S

9. Given To Fly

Good luck rarar.

I'm planning on speaking to one or two of my friends this week too. If I don't wimp out first...

10. Rarar

Aaah, now it's morning, I'm sh*tting myself. =S

11. Given To Fly

I hear you. At 1 o'clock this morning I was full of confidence, and almost looking forward to telling my friend. Now I'm a quivering wreck again.

12. Rarar

Same. I got so scared....that I didn't do it. I feel really bad for not doing it, but I'm so scared.

13. Rarar

I don't know if it was the right idea...but I told my friend I'm in love with him.

He was shocked, but then told me it was okay, and that he doesn't judge me for it, but isn't going to lead me on, as he's straight, and has a girlfriend.

I feel...awful for doing it.

Before, I could pretend there could be a future, now...I know there's none.

Yeah, I'm happy he's accepting, but I feel as if my bubble has popped. :_(

14. SkyDiver

I totally know the feeling, because I did the same thing. But hey, it makes it sooo much easier to get over him, because now you know.

15. Rarar

I feel like dying.

I just can't imagine my life without him in it.

I don't want a future if he's not in it.

I've been really depressed for the whole day, and my family have noticed, but they have no idea why.

I just wanna fade away and die.

I can't live anymore.

16. maxx

I'm so sorry, Rarar - I know it hurts when you take a chance, be vulnerable and your feelings aren't returned. Sounds like your friend was accepting enough that you can still be good friends - and that's great.

At 16 you have your whole life ahead - you'll have more crushes in your life, and strange as it sounds now, each one will make you completely wonder what you were thinking about your last :slight_smile: It's just the way it is...

As for talking to your parents, take your time - you'll know when it is the right time for you to have the conversation.

You are making great progress! You should be really proud of yourself.

Maxx