1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In need of coming out ideas :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Gravity Defyer, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Gravity Defyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone!

I came out to my parents, siblings and friends last year and I feel comfortable enough to tell everybody else (Or at least to not care what people say)

So I need ideas for coming out (Subtly, preferently) I don't fancy the idea of making a post on my FB wall saying "Im gay biatchessss!!"

So what do you think could work?

(I thought of posting something on the National Coming Out Day, but I'll have to wait until October... Too much time)

---------- Post added 20th Jul 2012 at 12:23 PM ----------

(Oh I forgot, the friends I already told are really close friends, like 10 or so) The other friends that don't know are not-so-close-friends and acquaintances

2. Rarar

I'm gonna post this when the time is right:
    'Let's get one thing straight....I'm not.'
    I found it as the title of a YouTube video, and thought it was quite clever. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Emberblaze

Make a t-shirt that says: I'm gay and PROUD!!!

And then wear a hat and have a big index card on every side of it that says 'gay and proud!'

Im just throwin out ideas... Ahem, I dunno how bold you are but I know I wouldn't have the balls to do that XD So maybe this aint the best way to do it!

Oh! But if you DO go with the whole shirt idea, write the words "not me" and have an arrow pointing to a straight line, and then underneath it right the word "me" and have an arrow pointing to a curvy, spirally, iridescent line!

I'm sorry, feeling creative todaaay ^^

4. Gravity Defyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Those are great ideas, the problem with the first one is that my native language is spanish, so the words wouldn't be the same.

As for the T-shirt, I don't think I'll have the courage to do that.. I like the concept of the lines though

5. fireworks

fireworks Guest

Hide inside a closet and jump out of it whenever someone walks past ^^!
    Dye your hair rainbow!
    Write a song about being gay! Complete with a Lady Gaga-esque music video!
    Order a pizza/cake with a message on it!
    Say something really shocking, like 'I'm moving to CHINA' then be like, 'Nah, I'm kidding. I'm just gay!'

Sorry about that...aha :slight_smile:

6. Emberblaze

Heh, yeaaah, I wouldn't listen to me either ^^. Ok, so how many people are ya plannin on comin out to? I mean, if you just want it to be know, MAYBE a facebook post would be a good idea. Just be subtle and mellow and nonchalant!

Maybe something along the lines of "Hi everyone who cares, I hope you all love me for who I am, but I'm gay" or something like that.

Or in spanish ^^: Hola todo el mundo que cuidan, you quiero que......

Ok, I'm gonna stop there 'cause my spanish is ReALLY rusty and basic and I don't wanna offend you or anyone else hispanic/mexican/latino ect ^^

Ahem....But yeah, a facebook post? How's that sound?

7. Gravity Defyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That would be perfect Hahaha

I was thinking of taking this way out, but I see it as "too common" Plus I don't know what I'd write.

Changing "Interested in" maybe?

8. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

If you are ready to be fully out to whoever cares to know, then the best way to do that, in my opinion, is to act like everyone already knows. Seriosly, just act like its common knowledge and then act like there is nothing new to tell or something to hide.

When people ask you if you have a crush, tell them. If people are people watching and saying "this and this" is cute, then go ahead and put in your opinion on which guy is cute. And so on with everything else in your life. Yes, including interesting in :slight_smile:

Its is hard to do at first, but its the only way to never worry about coming out ever again :slight_smile:

9. Pauline

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you could tell people you like to eat drink AND be Mary! just a thought

10. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
  11. Pauline

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do manly things with manly men to be a manly man that just might get them to say huh

12. Fumi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I saw this in another thread, and thought it was a subtle way to maybe come out. Just post on your Facebook status or Twitter something like "Just watched Magic Mike. Great movie." No straight guy would admit enjoying that movie.
    Cuando yo la vea voy a hacer eso exactamente :eusa_danc

13. Gravity Defyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ¿Y cuando se estrena aquí en México? Porque si quería verla con unas amigas :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Great, great idea.

14. Fumi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yo también pienso llevar a mis amigas a verla. (!) Escuché que en agosto, pero no estoy seguro.

If I posted something like that, the questions would start pouring in.

15. secretguyX

16. Sanssouci

You know, I've just spent five minutes thinking of ways I would do it (because I didn't think I had yet), and then I realised (after Fumi's post) in the past 48 hours I've announced that I'm watching Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (and LOVING it) and I posted a blogpost about gay marriage. I'm terrible at this being in the closet thing!

17. babyjax13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Like Anderson Cooper and Johnny Depp on facebook in the same day?

But honestly, just being straight-forward is the best way. If an appropriate time comes up to tell them, then do it. Just make sure you're comfortable with your identity first.

18. Mercuree

I kinda thought about it for myself (also out to all closse friends, still gotta do the family though..)

But is it really necessary to tell everyone? I mean, not hide it from them, but let it become apparent as and when the situation should arise?

Straight people don't have to run around telling everyone "I'm straight!" People just find out when they see them with people of the opposite sex and such or via comments on hotties passing by in the street etc.

Don't get me wrong though, I like the idea of everyone knowing, but I just think it isn't that necessary to go around telling them..

To actually answer your question though, a quirky youtube vid could be fun.. Film yourself jumpin outta a closet or something.. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Have fun! :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

19. MrHojalata98

What I'm gonna do when i completly come out is wear a rainbow bracelet and whenever someone ask why I have it or something I'll just tell them it'll make it easier from bringing up the subject or saying " I need to talk to you" which is what I've always sucked at (and I already have the bracelet :grin:)

20. FemmeFeminist

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Puedes Llevar una Pulserra de arcoiris... Me encanto tu foto de Perfil!!! Buena suerte! "im through accepting limits"... :grin: