1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not much, but its done

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by smartguy, Jan 19, 2008.

1. smartguy

so i told my friend im gay. it was kind of a spur-of-the-moment thing. we were talking online and i just said it. then she called me and our conversation was as follows:

her: ok what?!
    me: yea
    *pause*
    her:how long have you known? When did you find out?
    me:its not something thats sudden... i just know
    *pause*
    her:gotta go, im gonna watch a movie

*end scene*

LOL
    she's okay with it, but unkown to me, she was im-ing me on her brothers cell, which saves the convos. her bro found out it was me but he's gay so i assume he knows what im going through (thank god lol), and hasn't said anything to anyone.

im happy about it now, but honestly i was really anxious and nervous for about 2 days after i told her, l felt like i rushed it. i felt almost obligated to tell people and at this point i dont want to tell anyone else (maybe my other friend, but i wanna go slow with this).

all in all, its great but i still dont talk about my gayness in public because she's the only one that knows, but i feel so restricted. i wanna say things like 'he's cute', or idk something "gay", but at the same time i dont wanna tell everyone, and i still dont know if that would make my friend uncomfortable (although she was asking who i liked etc.)

so theres my story

2. biisme

that's great!!!!!! i'm glad it went okay.

good job!

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3. SpikySpice

First of all, congratulation, you were brave

2nd of all, dont worry, that's just oen way to fel after you come out, it's a mix feling, proud but kidna feel flatter or embarrased, cuz it was the 1st tiem you tell. So just let relax now, you dont ahve totell anyone, till another day, you'll find the urge to tell again:slight_smile:

4. Wired106

Wow nice dude, congrats. I think I know what u should do :slight_smile: . Since shes a girl and stuff and she seems fine with it I'd definately think shed be fine with it if you were like O that guys hot or stuff like that. Obviously don't make it super noticeable and yell it out infront of all your friends if u dont want them to kno lol. but she seems like shes cool and okay with it. anyways, gl man

5. Astaroth

Well, congrats! I'm glad things went so well for you. You might consider befriending your friend's brother, actually. Having someone to talk to about these types of things can be extremely useful. Just ranting to him (and he to you if he needs to) will probably make the coming out process that much simpler.

As for talking about gay-related things to your friend in public, I figured out that coding things worked wonders for me at first. My friends and I used several "coding systems" to rank what we thought of guys right in front of everyone else, and no one knew the wiser. At first, we used 1 through 10 as a rating system, but that was too obvious, so we went with colors instead. Blue is unattractive leading up the rainbow to red being hot. Then, I could just say "That guy's red" and we'd both have a good laugh. Or "I see a 10 down the hall a ways. What do you think?"

:lol:

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Congratulations - the first one done! :slight_smile:

I think the fact that her bro is gay will make it so much easier for her. She probably knows what he's been through and will respect your privacy etc. Her brother could be a good person to get to know better if you want to chat about stuff too.

7. Alexander

Congrats to you!

That's actually how I came out to one of my friends, and it went great for me too! Glad that there's another empty closet :slight_smile:

Her brother probably would be very supportive of you if you tell him. The good thing about telling out gays that you're gay too, is that there's like a -100% chance they will tell anyone. Plus, they often have great advice and stuff. Get to know her brother :slight_smile:

Congrats again!

8. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratz!

And don't worry about the 'he's cute' /gay comments thing, I told my bi friend I'm a lesbian but still restrict myself from doing that...so just take your time. :slight_smile:

9. smartguy

:slight_smile:

i dont think i would get along too great with my friends brother. we're just really different.

10. Jim1454

Congrats! That's great.