1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tattletale app...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by sougo, Jul 21, 2012.

1. sougo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    well... I had no intention of EVER coming out*, but got "outted" by my iPod.

I was going out to see a movie with a coworker after work. We stopped to grab a bite and as we pull into park, he turns his iPhone to face me, on the screen is my far too blurry to be recognized picture ( except that I was wearing the same shirt ), age, and a distance of zero.... I had loaded the app, just curious about who was around me, and had forgotten to turn it off... BUSTED.

A few months later, swiping through the icons to find an app and another friend happened to see the screen over my shoulder... I look up and he's giving me this "knowing" smirk... he'd seen the app icon and recognized it... BUSTED again.

... and a couple of months back, I'm at a convention with my 2nd friend, its late and he want's to go for a drink. He drags me four blocks down and steers me into "The Eagle." I hesitate, but then figure we're in a different city, its safe.... second person in from the door is a guy I was in photo class with for 3 years in college... BUSTED once again.

I still in the closet with the door locked, but the door has a few cracks now and I'm peeking "out."

Ultraconservative christian family... coming out would mean exile...

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For some reason this got stuck in the moderation queue, so I'm bumping it so it will get some attention. Sorry, sougo, for the delay in it being displayed.

3. lilbitlost

Urgh evil ipod!
    How have you friends taken it? Have they mentioned anything about it?

4. ArcusPravus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Considering that app is targeted only at gay guys, if they know the app or have it so they could have found you on it, chances are they're perfectly fine with you liking guys and have nothing to worry about. It's like being scared of being recognized at a gay club cause someone might recognize you're there. But to be there in the first place they're either gay or don't care so nothing to worry about.