1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One foot out of the closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by GlindaRose, Jan 20, 2008.

1. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I told a bi friend of mine over the Christmas holidays that I'm a lesbian. To my (partial) relief, she'd already figured it out, so this is how it happened.

To understand the convo, you must know that I am a spiritual person and there was a rose quartz crystal involved. I believe that they're sent to you for a reason, and that this particular rose quartz was sent so that I would accept my feelings. Anyway, it broke.

So when I came to tell my friend about my orientation (Her name is Mana by the way) I texted her before and said that the rose quartz had broken and I wanted to tell her why. So when I next saw her, she dragged me into her bedroom where we were alone and asked me what it was I had to tell her.

Mana: So why did the crystal break?
    Me: Well there's something I've been arguing with myself for 2 years and the rose quartz was meant to help me accept it, and now I accepted it so it broke.
    Mana: So what was it?
    Me: *silenced by nerves*
    Mana: Can I ask you a question?
    Me: Uh, ya...
    Mana: When Helen (another friend) said "I'm not that kind of girl" and you were like, "I AM!!" (Reference to a gay joke) were you lying?
    Me: Uh, no...

She was cool with it. Well she's bi so what do you expect? But to this day I still can't figure out how she knew about me before I told her. She's not exactly sure herself. So she hugged me and we went and joined the rest of the crowd, back in the realms of sociality.

2. Jim1454

That's a cool story! Congrats!

3. Astaroth

Hey, that's a neat story. I actually have several rose quartz crystal pyramids and obelisks for decoration, but none of them have broken. :lol: Congrats on the coming out, though!

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

That's great!

Sometimes people who've been there before can recognise things that you are going through, things you are saying and not saying etc - because they have probably done the same things themselves. So they are just waiting for you to say something, and maybe trying to hint that it's all OK.

5. biisme

that's great! i'm glad that everything went well.

where exactly did u get that rose quartz?

6. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got it from a jewellery store called Chapelle, it's a pendant. :slight_smile:

7. thkh92

Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations!

8. CerahWright

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ur friend may have known you were gay (or a lesbian, however you like to identify) because she has a good gaydar- no joke. My dad knew when I came out to him. My mom was clueless. That might explain why she knew. O- congrats!

9. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Wow thats an amazing story. I would love to hear more about these crystals. U seem like a very intresting person PM me if u wana talk =]