1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm completely out now

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by littledolphin, Jul 30, 2012.

1. littledolphin

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, I'm seventeen years old girl and I'm pansexual. I've considered myself in closet before even though most of my friends know. But mom didn't know, and that's what kinda counted. Mom's not homophobic, but she's always been talking about how I'm going to get married and have babies. That's the reason I haven't told before. I was really nervous how she would react.

Yesterday, mom was reading news and there was some article about how some homophobic association was blaming Lady Gaga for 'turning' people gay. Mom was really upset and started ranting how you can't turn people gay, it's not a choice and how people who claim that really disgust her. She then started to say something about how she'd love me, no matter what, and she doesn't understand parents who kick their gay kids out.

That's the point where I start crying. I'm just touched by her words, and I've been very emotional all day. I try not to let her notice, but of course she does and she asks me gently what's wrong. I then manage to calm down a bit and I stutter out "I'm pansexual."

Her reaction?

Blank face and "What's that?"

I explain it to her, though she's a bit confused about how it is different from bisexuality. She asks if I'm sure if I'm really pansexual not bisexual. I say that yes, I'm sure. She replies simply with 'okay' and then hugs me and says she loves me no matter what, though she hopes I'll still have kids, because she wants grandchildren.

In my opinion, it went really well. :grin: I feel like a huge rock has been lifted off my chest. Also, I wrote about how I told my mom in Facebook, so now my friends in there who didn't know before know too. I haven't got any comments so far though.

2. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations littledolphin! Good luck on Facebook, that's always interesting. :grin:

3. littledolphin

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks! :grin: So far there's only been positive comments. ^^