1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i think im out on facebook now

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by stumble along, Jul 31, 2012.

1. stumble along

I was playing truth or dare with some friends, two of which are gay, anyway i was picked and i chose dare, one of my gay friends (who I'm out to, everyone I was playing with knew) dared me to change my interested in on Facebook to include men.

Well, it was a dare so I did it, and I can't change it it for a whoke two months, or ill have to do something even worse.

So yeah, i guess im out on facebook now because im not hiding it and i guess if anyone asks I can either twll them I'm pan or say it was a dare.

Ill have to double check and make sure no family can see it but who honestly checks that info anyway haha, if people took it seriously then half my straight friends are either gay or bi

2. secretguyX

This may sound weird, but I wish I got dared to do that in truth or dare haha. It'd give me the courage to, since I wouldn't want to look like a coward. I'm too nervous to do it otherwise...
    Anyways, it's probably better that way for you anyway, no reason not to! :icon_bigg

3. LookingtoAffirm

:lol::lol:

Hahaha wow. Show him this thread lol

4. SkyDiver

I wanna change my "Interested In" really soon....

I made another thread about it yesterday. It doesn't seem like anyone will notice, but just doing it will be such a huge step for me. It's pretty much saying "For anyone who cares, I'm gay." :slight_smile:

Good for you, though!

5. Snowy

Snowy Guest

I changed my interested in a while ago (when I was still on facebook) and no one really noticed. It's not something people typically see or look for.

6. SunSparks

Hmmm.... I just kinda got of that part... a lot of people do. I don't think people pay attention to it. Anyways, I think after I come out, whenever that is, I might consider doing that... I already made a new facebook and blocked my entire family (or whichever ones I know of since there are so many) and most of the people where I live..... yea...

anyways, its not really something people look at... I think a simple excuse can cover it up if you want to!

7. Fumi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you're still uneasy, you could make a friend list with your family members, and block specifically the "interested in" part from them. That's what I did. But yeah, nobody really notices that part.

8. stumble along

Yeah no one pays attention to it and if someone asks it can be covered by a simple excuse. Imo not something to worry about, albeit a bit frustrating when you see someone who's gay or bi on Facebook but they arent in reality.

And yeah I have my family blocked from everything, I'm deleting some of them off facebook as well for a while because frankly they bother me as well haha.

And btw no one has asked about it, my only concern is if someone im out to sees it and they post on my wall "omg I'm so happy that you finally comfortable with letting everyone know your sexuality" and then I'd be confused as to what to say.

9. qboy

If it's anything like my Facebook friends feed having the "Interested In" set to "Men" (for guys) mean they have left there Facebook logged in - especially if it's followed by something with the word "Gay" in the title being liked seconds later.. Must happen about four or five times a week.

10. Sayu

My interested in says either women and men for me. Anyone (including my mum) can see it, but honestly, I don't think people give a sh*t about it :grin: Actually I think 90 percents of them haven't even noticed :slight_smile:

11. unknownerror

I've avoided facebook for a long time but a month or so ago my niece who'd just turned 13 and was super excited that she could now have a FB account asked me to be her friend, and I'm not terribly capable of telling her no :wink:

I'm out to most of my close friends and that's precipitated a few conversations (like last weekend when going to lunch with 5 friends and one didn't know I was gay....I made sure to tell him beforehand and it turns out that was a good plan :wink: ) but there are 2 circles of friends I have (and my dad) that I'm just not out to at all. (well, there are a 2 people that are close friends and also part of those circles that know (including the one mentioned above)) but I've been pretty worried that as I get more comfortable around my friends who know one of them is going to comment or something innocuously and the cat shall be out of the bag :wink: