1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my Aunt and Cousin

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Samus610, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Samus610

Awhile ago I went to Pennsylvania to visit my aunt, cousin, and my aunt's fiance for hanukkah, my grandparents were there to. Well after awhile my step-dad went back to the hotel we were staying at. So it was just my mom, aunt, cousin, my grandparents and I and we were all in the kitchen. I brought up the clubs I was in and told them about GSA. I then began telling them about one of our meetings, where in the classroom where they are held there's this closet you could go into and we each took turns going in and coming out as a cute little joke(Which was pretty funny). Then my aunt says "Sam I don't care if you're a lesbian, just have kids." And we began laughing. So I turned to her and said I'm bi. My mom made me be quiet because my grandparents were in the kitchen. I gotta say I don't think they even know what bi is. But I guess I could see her point but seriously I didn't care. I was just happy that I was able to tell them without there being a problem.

2. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well done! :slight_smile: Lol I like the closet idea.

3. vinylsoda89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's great,especially that you were so drop-of-the-hat about it. Your grandparents probably would say the same thing as your aunt,but i don't know, i'm not jewish haha. Grandpaents are usually the ones are just like,"So, everyone's gay nowadays." They'd probbaly be pissed if they knew that your mom was trying to make them seem like old fogeys, my grandparents would be pissed at her for that haha.

:thumbsup:

4. thkh92

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's a great way to tell them especially with the whole closet thing!

5. Alexander

That's a great story!

6. ccdd

ccdd Guest

That's such a cool story! Congratuations!! :slight_smile: So glad they're so accepting!