1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to a couple co workers

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by allyson, Aug 5, 2012.

1. allyson

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out to a couple co workers of mine,Beth and Mandy yesterday.They have been getting to know me a lot lately.I was not going to do it at first and knew it was best to do this.I invited them over for lunch and it was when we were on my back deck.Told them I am transgendered,man living as a woman.Both said they liked me still and I was very relieved.Finally told them my story which was not good at first.Told them my bio parents rejected me kicking me out and I am lucky to have adoptive parents that love me for who I am.Beth and Mandy said that was aweful of my bio parents did to me.Beth,Mandy and I have a great friendship together also co workers.Beth and Mandy are very good friends and I have gone out with them a few times.

2. Rose

Congratulations Allyson! What courage you found to open up so honestly to your /co-workers/friends. And what a relief for you that the outcome seems positive. In our journeys we must take strength from those around us and building a larger network of support will really help you. Nice one.

3. allyson

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beth and Mandy are very caring people and are supportive.They said my adoptive parents did the right thing adopting me and loving me for who I am.

4. messiaen

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well done! It must take a huge amount of courage to do that and I'm really pleased it went so well for you!

M

5. itsjoanna

Congratulations! Nice to hear it went well. You have very caring co-workers, and adoptive parents :slight_smile:

6. allyson

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It took lot of courage and this brought in our friendship more.