1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finally came out to my best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by speedboy3, Aug 5, 2012.

1. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So like the title says I came out to my best friend. Before him I came out to a few other friends who I knew would be supportive to work up some courage. I mean he is my best friend and all, and we are close enought that people have told us that they could mistake us for a gay couple if they didn't know better, but I still had my doubts. He's christian after all, and I didn't want the fact that I'm bi ruin our friendship.

I talked to one of my other friends about it, and he was really supportive. I cant thank him enough for being there for me. Still I had typed out a text to my friend and had to just let it sit there for a day and a half while I tried to work up the courage to send it. Finally I just hit send and hoped for the best.

I told him, and he didn't answer for about 15 minutes, longest 15 minutes of my life. Finally he asked how I came to that conclusion, and if it was the reason I had broken up with my girlfriend a few days earlier, I explained to the best of my knowledge and told him to ask me anything he wanted to know.

Instead of asking me another question, this is what he said: "just so you know you're still the best friend a guy could ever have". You don't know how relieved and happy I felt after he said that, I was litteraly in tears because I knew nothing changed between us. I guess my mind was messing with me again...when will it learn? :icon_bigg

2. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

That was good to hear :slight_smile: Congrats to you! I can totally imagine your heart rate during those 15 minutes.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on taking that step and letting him know. It's great that he is supportive and that nothing between the two has changed. Awesomeness! :slight_smile:

4. Flow

That's awesome. I recently came out to my bestfriend too. Feels amazing huh?

5. itsjoanna

That is great! Such a nice feeling to have when you have supporting friends that accept you no matter what. Congrats :grin:

6. Phantosmiac

I just came out to my sister, she kind of freaked out, as she never guessed I was gay, but congratulations and I hope all of your "comings out" end like this one :grin:

7. 4alex6

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's so wonderful, *and* it's so amazing to have a friend who not only is accepting, but who knew how to reassure you that things were OK with just the right words. COngratulations!

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome!! Congrats on coming out!! It great that your friend is supportive of you!