1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm coming out today!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Whatevs91, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Whatevs91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So yeah, it's been a long time coming, but for whatever reason i woke up at 6 AM and thought 'this is the day'. I've written a letter up, and i put it on kitchen side. My mum and sister will be home at like 6PM, so today is the day. I just have to remain strong and not go down and rip it up or something >.<

Here it is : Its better worded in the real thing, I have had several drafts, this was the first

Gets the point across i think. I'm truly terrified. I feel it will go okay, i expect there to be some tears from my mum, and i got a feeling it will be awkward for the next few weeks, but long term, i think everything will be fine, or at least i hope. I have been kicked out before though!

I'll post the results later. Wish me luck <3

#1 Whatevs91, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  2. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) Your letter sounds great - honest and forthright!

Try not to waver - today IS the day! :eusa_danc:thumbsup:

3. blightedsight

So, we'd better get the party started!

I think you need a day of people keeping your mind off it, or the very least occupy your time because this will play on you...but you have to know that "whatevs" happens(did you see what I did there? I used your name instead of whatever! I am a fricking comedy genius!) that it will be alright.
    I'm about to go out for my daily gym and then coffee with a friend, but I really can't wait to come home and read this thread and see what happened. I love a good coming out story and I am confident that it will be a positive one:slight_smile:

4. Given To Fly

Good luck, Whatevs91 :goodluck:

I've got my fingers crossed for you (*hug*)

5. Whatevs91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks everyone, yeah i know i need to keep myself distracted. That's pretty hard though, I'm home alone and don't have much to do. Going to have a loooongg bath, tidy my room, watch some 'The Office US' (best tv series) and then try and go to sleep. lol

6. blightedsight

(I know I said I was off to the gym - I'll go in a minute)
    The Office - YAY.
    I just started getting my boyfriend into that. We went away for the week and he started series 7 and laughed, so when we got home, I started from season 1. We're halfway through season 2 now and he's loving it.
    We've just got to the point where they've turned Kelly into the awesome Kelly that we know and love.
    Such a brilliant TV show. I love Creed as well...and Dwight...and Michael - heck I think everyone is great, though Pam and Jim routinely annoy me.

7. Whatevs91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well i watched series 8 first, and got into it, then decided to go through them all. I'm on season 6 about half way at the moment. It's really great, lots of laughs. :slight_smile: I have to agree, i don't like Jim and Pam either! But i didn't like Michael either at the start, but he's actually grown on me and is now probably my favourite character. Then there's Andy Bernard who i think's great. I find Toby hilarious too, it's his blank facial expressions and soft voice, it's great.

It's a real shame Catherine Tate is in it, i hate her with a passion.

8. Phantosmiac

Good luck and I hope all goes better than expected :grin:

9. blightedsight

Michael was too much like David Brent to start with, but when the show realised they could be more like a conventional sitcom and not have to rigidly stick to the character types of the UK Office, they developed characters like Michael who became a well rounded and fun character.
    I mean, at the beginning of the show, it's clear that Michael Scott only cares for Michael Scott, but by about mid season 2, it's evident that he actually cares about the people he works with...though he's still a little selfish sometimes:slight_smile:

With Pam and Jim, well, it's mainly Jim but I just find him annoying. Dwight would be horrible to work with, I grant you, but Jim, to me, actually bullies Dwight and uses his affable nature to make it seem like a bit of fun. Thankfully, Dwight occasionally gets his own back. The other problem with Jim is that most of the bad situations that arise are because Jim doesn't step up, then he blames everyone else. Take as an example the Health Benefits episode. Jim knows that Michael is delegating that, he then tells Michael to give it to Dwight, knowing full well who Dwight is - then at the end of the episode, Jim is annoyed that Dwight behaved as you would expect Dwight to behave.

Sorry, Jim pisses me off.

I love Andy too. I haven't been totally impressed with him in the most recent season, but then, I think it was a mistake giving him that job(I'm not putting spoilers because my boyfriend is a member and may read this, so I don't want him to know what happens) BUT up until that, I thought he was excellent. I love his singing.
    Toby is also fun.

I'ma disagree with you, though, on Catherine Tate. I love her:grin:

10. Whatevs91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Job done, it went amazingly! My sister came up to my room like as soon as they got home, and told me to come down stairs. I got a big hug from them both, a few tears were shed. My mum then asked me some of the standard questions, how long have you known, do you have a boyfriend, etc. I asked her if she thought i was, and she said 'It does make sense, and it had crossed my mind'.

We then had general chit chat, i was able to be open about crushes, etc. I did feel a bit uncomfortable, but generally it was really nice, and i feel seriously high right now ^_^. I do sense my mum is a bit disappointed about it, which she denies, but i totally understand, but i'm confident after a while she's going to be fully acceptive of it. She said she was proud of me for getting the courage to doing it, and is happy that I've come to terms with it. She gave me some warnings that some of the family may not take it well.

We spoke about other people's reactions, safe sex, marriage, adoption, everything. We had a laugh and a joke about it. I'm so glad it's done, now to get on with my life i guess! I just came out to one of my best friends too, his reaction is pending.

Thanks everyone for your help on my threads :slight_smile:

11. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sooo proud of you!:eusa_danc

Well done!!!!(*hug*):kiss:

12. blightedsight

Fantastic - I love a happy ending.
    You win a big hug for having my favourite post of the day.

13. CTJ

CTJ

Congrats! Im so happy it went well for you, reading stories like this gives me hope for when i finally grow a pair and come out

14. prism

Congratulations! Glad to hear it went well. Let us know how it goes with your friend. :slight_smile:

15. Whatevs91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My friend is going well too, he's asked some stupid questions, but he hasn't ran away or anything. (I'm talking to him online).

You guys need to come out the closet lol. Don't think i've ever felt this happy, went way better than i ever hoped.

16. blightedsight

Seriously, it often does.
    I think with alot of "comings out" we put our own worst case senarios in our head for so long, we expect nothing else.

But good for you, seriously, I am so chuffed for you.

17. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats on coming out!! I'm glad that it has gone well so far.

When I came out to some of my friends they asked weird questions. Once we got all of thise out of the way, they were fine with it.

18. itsjoanna

Congrats! And great to hear it went well :')
    I'll have courage to come out to my family one day! haha

19. Given To Fly

Excellent news!(!)

I'm glad it went smoothly for you. It's great reading positive stories on here (*hug*)

20. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congrats,great coming out.

good luck from Lincolnshire!