1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I might actually do this.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by JR08, Aug 10, 2012.

1. JR08

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So for awhile now I have known I was gay, but the reality of coming out to my friends was something that didn't cross my mine. I thought it would be awesome to come out and tell them, but really had no plans to do so, and frankly the thought of doing so scared the crap out of me. How my friends would react was a huge unknown for me. Until tonight, one of my roommates and I were just chilling and talking when we started to talk about one of our other friends and how he thought he might be gay. My friend I was talking to started to tell me how he couldn't care less if our other friend was in fact gay and how he thought it was a shame that we still have this problem of inequality in America and how if our other friend was gay he would be 100% okay with it. He completely blew me away with how supporting he was, so much so that i now really feel comfortable coming out to him and know he will be supportive of me as well. This is the first time I have felt Like coming out may actually be a real possibility.
    I think I'm going to do this. : )

2. Given To Fly

That's great! (*hug*)

I found it such a relief to come out to my best friend - I was terrified he'd take it badly, even though deep down I knew it would be fine, but he is 100% supportive, and now when I'm around him I can focus better on whatever we're talking about, since there is no big issue on my mind.

Go for it, JR08, and good luck!
    :goodluck:

3. Pain

Pain Guest

WhooooooO! Yay! Good luck!!!!!

4. blightedsight

How are you read your friends response, kinda suggests to me he knows you're gay and is giving you the opening to be honest with him.

5. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is great. That is a true friend.