1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to best friend!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by lostinthought9, Jan 22, 2008.

1. lostinthought9

ok, i came out to my best friend, and it all started when i was giving him a ride home today, and i was kinda planning this, and then all of a sudden i said

me: "hey i have something to tell you"
    him: "what?"
    me: "you gotta promise me you won't say anything to anyone, ok?"
    him: "ok..."
    me: "you swear you wont tell?"
    him: "yea"
    me: "...Im bisexual..."

his reaction was laughter...:confused:, he said, "you're joking right?" and i was like "no, im dead serious" and then once he seen that i wasnt joking and he made this face, from what i can tell, it looked like disgust and shock mixed together...and then he says

him: "so you like guys..."
    me: "yea and girls too"

and then i started talking about how he should feel honored that i told him first, but...idk it just doesnt seem like it will ever be the same between us...i know i can trust him to not to tell anyone, but now i feel like there's gonna be some wierd tension...but overall he took it kinda well, other than the disgust he had on his face...

so yea....that's my story....so now i have a queston.....was that the hard part? or is the worst yet to come?? someone please reply...

but on the brightside i did come out today (!) (!)

btw- R.I.P. Heath Ledger

2. biisme

that's great!!!!!!!!-that you managed to come out.

maybe he just needs some time to process it. i find that the hardest part, telling someone. hopefully, everything will be okay between you two.

i hope everything works out and congratulations!!!!!!!!

3. ccdd

ccdd Guest

First of all - congratulations for coming out!!

But I think that maybe he was just very shocked - I think that laughter is very often a sign of shock in these situations. I think it's early days yet, and obviously I don't know the both of you, but I think that he may come round and that once he's processed the idea things will be back to normal - or at least mostly back to normal - between you. I think that it is too soon, due to the shock factor, to gauge what coming out may have done for your relationship with him. But good luck!

4. Hollywood

hopefully it's just inital shock. congrats!

5. Astaroth

Congrats! I hope things work out for you. Keep us updated.

6. lostinthought9

thanks for all the replies you guys....i will keep ya posted....:slight_smile:

7. BabyBoy

Oh boy. Good for you. You did better than I did. When I told my best friend I was bi, he had that look of disgust, I changed shit up and told him I was kidding. But, I told him I was kidding a while after, and he never told anybody before then. So. I think you're good, because I told my friend in 7th grade, and we're still best friends to this day, and we're Juniors.