1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scared to share

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ashkii87, Aug 10, 2012.

1. ashkii87

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So here's my story. I haven't "came out" to my family. A few friends maybe not any of my family members. I think some might suspect but i'm not too sure. For now i know they despise the gay lifestyle and that only makes it that much harder. When, where, and how i plan to come out is not set. I'm just hoping when i do it'll be calm and everything will be alright (not believeable but it's a probable). So what i want to know is how to i break the news? I kind of accept myself, but i still have "trouble's". Working on it.

2. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome Ashkii :smilewave

Take your time - there are lots of people on EC with experience and ideas which might help you.

Look through the threads and read what others have to say. Keep asking questions :eusa_clap

3. ashkii87

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks. I only wish i had support closer to home. I am working myself up to tell a few of my cousin sisters. I'll see how that goes. And if it does go well i know who i can turn to during the "bad" times. :slight_smile: thanks for your advice.

4. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Welcome to EC ashkii87, I am also in a similar situation, I've only come out to two people so can relate to how you're feeling. I find the best things that help me are to read other stories of people coming out and to talk to others on these forums. There are a lot of really helpful people on here!