1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiding

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Samm, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Samm

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    :help:
    I honestly , just don't want to come straight out and just say "Hey , I'm Lesbian !"
    Like , everyone else is just telling me "Do it" "We already know" I'm just - :O Omg I'm not Lesbian
    I guess I just don't want to admit it 'cause of where I'm at right now.
    Advice????
    And they keep asking me if I like girls or not or if I'm gay.
    And I keep lying and saying Noo . I'm 'bout to blow up .

#1 Samm, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Guys, do you think you could stop asking that kind of stuff? It makes me really uncomfortable."

3. Ianthe

Hi, Samm, Welcome to Empty Closets!

Your identity in your info says "pansexual." Do you feel like you might be a lesbian?

It might be a good idea to take Maddy's advice and directly tell people that you aren't comfortable talking about that right now. You are allowed to not be ready.

Eventually, I think it will help you a lot to tell people about yourself. But you probably wouldn't do it all at once. It's best to start with just one person. It doesn't have to be any time very soon, but you might want to think about who would be a good person to talk to about it in your life.

For now, I hope you'll stay around EC and chat some more. Talking to other people who've been through (or are still going through) similar things can help a lot.