1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out/Explaining Trans/Genderqueer= Success!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Romi, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Romi

So two nights ago I came out to someone else. It was a coworker I've only recently been able to get to know well. They're also very straight and I just didn't expect that they'd be so...easygoing. It was nice.

Knowing that they were into me even after I explained I was trans/genderqueer. It felt...so damn good. They were into me and not just my body. It was the complete opposite reaction of what I had honestly expected to happen. It was cute, too. Because I had to explain to this person what all trans/genderqueer involved, that sexuality and gender weren't just black and white. They took it really well, though. Said they weren't against it, they'd just never had any kind of experiences with it. So I'm really glad I was able to be the one to educate that person and let them have their first experience.

The downside is that they just moved away across the country, but...they'll be back. And as friends or more, I'm happy and they are happy with the way things turned out that night. It's encouraging. And wonderful. And I hope others can have the same kind of luck I had. :icon_bigg

2. Gen

Gen

Well, I'm happy for you ^_^.

Too bad they are going to be away, but its great that they dont care. That is friendship.....or more lol.

3. Romi

Thank you! I'm really happy about it, too. Talk about a confidence boost!

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Glad to hear that he was so easygoing about it!! It's always a good thing when you are given a successful opportunity to teach others about LGBT people.

5. SunSparks

:O Oh! Im so happy for you! I really feel like jumping for joy *gets up and jumps for joy* [​IMG]

Seriously, its a really great thing and its wonderful to hear that the world has another person more educated in LGBTQ things [​IMG]

6. Romi

Thanks! And educated the right way, instead of getting bigoted and narrow-minded information. :]