1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting-to-come-out story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by JakeHas, Aug 13, 2012.

1. JakeHas

So I have only told 2 people so far that I am bi, both supportive, which I am super happy about. I want to tell the story though.
    My first person I told is my girlfirend, and yes, she is still with me even though she knows I'm bi! I was sitting here one day thinking very hard about myself, and I thought, "you know what, I'm tired of this. I know who I am, and it's about time I tell someone!" and after no time, I told her! At first she was kinda unsure and confused about it, which of course is normal, then I told her I just wanted her to help accept and support me, and she did. We're still together and happy!!
    Then the second person I told. I didn't mention this in the first story, but I had told her via text message. (Advice to anyone that is going to come out, never do it through an electronic, I don't know why, just better to do it in person) But this one, I told in person. This guy is a head coach with an organization I am participating in. It was one day during a summer camp, at night (8-9pm) and we had just gotten done with a very moving and motivational session (A religious kind of thing) and some people had stayed behind to talk to some of the coaches about problems they're having. Me not wanting to tell anyone, I went on with the rest and started playing some games. I could not get this thing off my mind! So I left the game and headed back over where the head coach was. I asked him if we could talk, so we sat down on a small bench. This is where it got super difficult for me. It took me a good 5-10 minutes before I gutted out the words "I'm... I'm.... I think..."
    then something came over me and BAM "I think I'm bi!". Then it was quiet, I thought my life had ended right there and then. But he broke the silence. "I am honored. Something like this you can't trust with just anyone. The fact you chose to tell me, and to trust me makes me honored to have you as a student" Or something along those lines. After the conversation I felt amazing! He had accepted me, it is the greatest feeling in the world!

Well that's my story, both of them continually help me every day to achieve happiness and are the supportive friends they are. I am so sorry to make this so long, I just wanted to let out all the details so it would sound good, I hope I didn't waste too much of your time!
    Thanks everyone for reading!

2. Gen

Gen

Of course you didnt waste our time. I happy it went so well ^(^_^)^

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's always good to hear positive experiences! It's very freeing and like a weight has been lifted, right?

4. JakeHas

Absolutely!