1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mom ROCKS!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Merc, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Merc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It has just been brought to my attention that my mom is one of the most understanding people in the universe.

I came out to her, and the situation was less than glamorous, but yay!

We were sitting on the couch watching Law & Order (still watching it), and I was on my computer. I logged in here, and in a surge of courage, I told my mom that I wanted to show her something.

It felt like an eternity, but I think she only really stared at the screen for a minute or so. Then she turned to me and asked, "so... are you gay?" really quietly. At that point it could have gone either way. I nodded my head.

My mom hugged me, and told me that she loved me, and she would be a good mother towards me no matter what.

And as a Christian mother, she told me that God loved me.

The whole event makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside- my mom is probably the closest family member I have excluding my youngest older brother.

The only thing that's scaring me a bit is the fact that she's going to tell my dad. They don't keep secrets with each other, and when there's something up with one of the kids, it's all the more important to be honest. I would prefer to tell him myself, but my dad and I don't tend to have emotional conversations, so I wouldn't know when to start.

But what I'm really thrilled about is that my mom asked me if she could tell my dad. I mean, she actually asked me if she could divulge information to her husband! Which is just amazingly kind of her. She didn't have to ask me, and she did.

So in conclusion, my mother is AWESOME!

2. Mnstn

Wow, Congratulations!! Glad your coming out was so postitive. My mom asked if she could tell my brother which made me really happy. I hope it all goes well with your father and congratulations again that it went well with your mother.

3. lost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If have to say that your story sounds quite a lot like mine a couple of days ago in Spain.
    I had doubts about my father, but knew that they can never successfully keep a secret from each other, so him finding out was inevitable but, like you, I was surprised when she bothered to ask first.
    Anyway, all ll I can say is congratulations! and doesn't it feel good? :slight_smile:

4. tired_of_lying411

YAY! another success with a mom! just like me :grin:

I have chosen to make coming out to my father MY job. So she has been sworn to secrecy.

Maybe this summer I can finally tell him? It just seems like an 'if it aint broken, dont fix it' situation...

CONGRATS!

5. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Congrats Merc, very very happy for you. It's espicially nice when a chrisitan mother overcomes morals to reach out to her bi/homosexual child, and so warmly in your mothers case. Don't let your dad bother you too much, you'll find out after a while once he's been told, either way, that you get used to it and are comfortable enough and confident enough, that he won't matter. But it is a bonus if he does accept you.

My congradulations and best hopes for the future, Blessed be.