1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some hints.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by lodiug, Jan 23, 2008.

1. lodiug

So I figured that I'll never have the courage to tell my mom that I'm gay, so I wanna drop some hints for her....Does anybody have a few good hints??

2. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well here's something that happened between a couple of friends and me, which I considered a pretty heavy hint. We were talking about something, and my friend Mana made a rather raunchy lesbian-ish comment. Then Helen, to whom Mana was speaking, said "Sorry Mana, I'm not that kind of girl" and I was like "I AM!!" in a jokey way, but secretly meaning it, and hoping that someone might pick up on it. Not sure you can find a situation in which you can do something similar, but it must have worked for me because Mana did figure it out a bit before I told her.

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Leave PFLAG materials for her to find? :slight_smile:

4. lodiug

Do you know where I can get some?? A website maybe??

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Send a PM to Becky and I'm sure she'll post you some.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I sure will! :slight_smile: In fact, I'm off right now to send some PFLAG stuff to somebody.

7. Psychedelic Bookmarks

once my family were watching a film together. i was pretty bored, it was slow moving. so i said "good thing that girl's so pretty or i don't think i could stand this." it worked well - not obvious enough to be glaring, but a clear hint.

8. Hollywood

I wrote a college essay on tolerance for one of my college essays and had a paragraph on homosexuality (I later changed my essay in case my application reviewer didn't agree with my views and denied me based on that). After coming out my parents said they had been suspicious for years and one of the things that recently gave them reason to be suspicious was that essay.

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I have now posted a link to PFLAG materials that are available to download in Support and Advice. Check them out!

10. acorn7

One thing to try is to maybe discuss gay-related issues in the news these days... like crazy radical right-wing people.

11. Hollywood

I did that too. It's a good idea.

Sooner or later though, you will have to just rip the band-aid off and tell them. Hints can only carry you so far.

12. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think coming out to your folks is a little bit bigger deal than ripping off a band-aid:lol:

Though I know what you're getting at. Bringing up recent gay-related news articles can at least help act as a barometer so you can try to figure out how your parents might take it. This can help give you the courage you need.

13. Hollywood

I wasn't trying to lessen the idea of coming out to your parents. But I don't think most people are going to ever feel 100% ready-you just have to do it when you think is best.

14. acorn7

Yeah. I thought the band-aid analogy was good :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Suede7

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lodiug,

Wow! lemmie see..........don't be suttle! it just never seems to work!! = )

Start with a beaded gown, blonde wig ( beat it ) n a pair of "Jimmy Chu's", you can pick up at any good high end consignment store.......Lol!!

No seriously.......believe it or not just keep being you. Don't go out of your way to wear your customary "straight cover" around mom & dad.

Don't bring up girls
    You're not dating girls
    Express the "general" likeness towards your male friends frequently
    Next bday tell Mom you want a subscription to "Details" or "GQ" .....getting warm
    For Christmas tell Santa ya wanna subscription to "Men's Fitness"
    Tell Mom ya wanna membership to an all guy gym!!
    Help Mom decorate!! but tell her to tell her friends she did it!! Lol....I did, Lol
    Tell Mom you must go to the next Bball, Soccer or Football game at school cuz "your boy" Evan (made up) is playin and you just can't miss it!! Tell her ya love his uniform Lol!!
    By Flowers for Mom and arrange them in a vase even if you suck at it.
    Tell Mom you love her outfit. Ask her who the designer is....dead giveaway!! Lol
    Talk up skin care with Mom!! Ask her if you can borrow her toner! dead giveaway!..Lol
    Tell her you wanna try a bronzer for men. That you're really interested in a good sunscreen and how awful the sun's damaging rays are!! Oh my Lol....dead giveaway
    Wear a really tight pair of shorts with flip flops & a tank or muscle tee!!...nuff said
    Go shopping with mom or better yet by her some really girly stuff for Mom's Day...Yeah!
    Tell her "hey Mom I was at the Mall today and this guy close in age to me was really checkin me out" Lol she'll probably ask how you felt. Tell her "Flattered!!!".....like gay icing on your coming out cake!!!!! Lol

Want More...........Just ask! I've tried just about all of em. cept the Gown!
    Have fun seeing Moms face when you put on that Gown! Omg!! Lol.

Make sure you let us know how this goes!:icon_wink

Stay Strong & Press On!!

Suede7
    Delray Beach, FL.