1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I finally came out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by MrHojalata98, Aug 15, 2012.

1. MrHojalata98

So recently MatthewsJS came out,and I was really happy for him but like I was telling him in a message I'm VERY competitive about everything even subconsciously so another person coming out before me kind of got to me. (and yes I know there's no set age to come out but I'm young and stupid sometimes) so today I was working out and I just started thinking... There's never really going to be a "good time" to come out so i texted my best friend and told her, it was actually perfect because between the workout and breathing and such I really couldn't over think it like I always do... This is the conversation

Me: hey do u have a minute to talk?
    Her: of course what's up?:slight_smile:
    Me:well I wanna tell you if that's fine with you

Take in mind I had been trying to tell her for about a month so she knew what I was talking about.

Her:wonderful go ahead
    Me:so I've thought of various ways of telling you this, I think I'll go with the most obnoxious one.... Ok so you know how I am incredibly hot?
    Her: Yes :wink:
    Me:then you have probably heard the saying "all the hot ones are either taken or gay"... I'm not taken
    Her:are you being serious or is this part of your "obnoxious" thing?
    Me:I'm serious
    Her: then I support you, my cousin is gay and I love him. He's getting married in a few months and I can't wait to be there. Besides Neil Patrick Harris is gay and he's bad ass

[side note] me and my friend both idolize that guy that's why she said that

Me: why do you think I said I idolize Barney Stinson? ... I just can't believe I told someone. So you are ok with it?
    Her: of course I am you are my friend and I love you no matter what.

That's pretty much the whole "coming out" part we are still talking in that time she's told me how she would have never guessed (I don't know how since I make it pretty obvious... Apparently not) and how Darren criss is incredibly hot :lol:.... So thanks to everyone on EC I could have never done it without you guys and a gigantic THANKYOU to MatthewsJS in the end I don't know if I would have been brave enough to do what I did today without you... Even if u didn't consciously help me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. MatthewJS

I'm glad I'm the reason why you came out. I texted my bestfriend is also a girl saying I'm gay. Then i told her to tell her boyfriend (also bestfriend) to tell him. They were both supportive and accepted me for who I am.

3. Gen

Gen

First, I just want you to know that I'm definitely stealing your lines. This is so much like me, its scary. So, heads up ^_^

Second, Go You lol. Congrats. :slight_smile:

4. Ianthe

Congratulations! Your first ever coming out is a big step!
    (!!)(!!)(!!)(!)(!)(!)(!!)(!!)(!!)

5. Romi

This is, by far, the coolest frickin' coming out conversation I've come across yet. Epic. Win. for you both.

It's so exciting to hear that she fully accepted you for who you are. That's an awesome friend. And brownie points for lovin the NPH. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But seriously...it's really wonderful to hear that everyone here on EC, especially MatthewJS, was able to be a source of encouragement and strength for you. It lets us know that we're doing something worthwhile in this world. And that is fantastic.

I'm so glad you were able to have this amazing kind of coming out. I hope with everything I have that each reaction you get will be just as heart-warming, and funny. (*hug*)