1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those of you who are fully out...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SkyDiver, Aug 16, 2012.

1. SkyDiver

Well, I've reached the point where I want everyone to know. The rest of my extended family is still a work in progress (and my church... oh god....) but I want to be fully out at school. How do I go about doing this without making some sort of dramatic announcement? How did you do it?

2. Pain

Pain Guest

Tell some friends, change something on Facebook, make a status about you being gay or you having a boyfriend (even if you don't :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) Well, I didn't come out in high school or on Facebook, but everyone pretty much knows because I told some friends and I'm sure that word got around. And doing PDA's in public :slight_smile:

3. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I'm not out to many people, so I don't have any experience-based advice to give you. But I imagine that it won't be hard to come out to your school. You don't say how old you are, but assuming it's high school you're talking about, news travels fast! You could tell one friend, they'll tell another, then they'll tell more people, and soon everyone knows. Unless you specifically tell your friend not to tell anyone.

There's actually no need to make this huge announcement or mass coming out. Just come out to the ones who matter most to you, and then for everyone else, just don't hide it anymore. If something comes up about sexuality or who you like, just be honest. No need to go around telling everyone just for the sake of wanting people to know. If you're out to enough people, soon everyone will hear the news.

So main point is - just tell your immediate friends and don't be evasive about the subject with everyone else. Just let it out of you naturally without making it a big deal.

You could always display some LGBT emblem-type things. Maybe a NOH8 or HRC sticker, pin on your backpack, silicone bracelet, rainbow keychain, whatever!

4. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I didn't announce it, I just yes if asked. People love to gossip, so it will spread like wild fire.

5. ilovecats

ilovecats Guest

Just tell those who are close to you. The rest of the people can just ask you and you wont deny it. Also, if you have a friend who loves gossip, just tell them. The news will get around fast that way.

6. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Coming out at school is the only part I can try to give advice on... I just flat out told people, "Yeah, and I'm gay." and it worked (shocking) and people appreciaye honeesty aand being upfront with them. If you procrastinate or try to make them guess, the rumors will start spreading before you can blink. And wear rainbows. Rainbows are pretty fucking obvious. :slight_smile:

7. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think you have to necessarily "wear it on your shoulder" at school. About the only thing you can do is just say that you are gay if you're asked or maybe join a LGBT club. Also wearing something with a small rainbow might be a more low-key way of letting people know.

8. TalkDTalk

Hi Guys,
    Mine is not really an advice. Is more of revealing that I came out to my male crush and he didnt say anything. i.e I revealed it to him by asking him to kiss me since he will be travelling away for a very long time.But he didnt respond, he was just houling and laughing.

When i tried to make a move, he shifted politely and just said, can we start going home?I dropped him off.This all happened last week thursday.

Since then, he has never called me. I only called him the next day to know how his journey was goin, and he said fine.Thats it.

I have been so devastated ever since, even at work.

All I think of is him.
    I dropped him off in the house of a mutual friend who introduced me to him some time ago.

Do you think he will tell the guy what happened?

He is a very reserved quite and very polite guy, who is very introvatic in nature.
    He became so close in recent times,with him revealing so much about his life to me,but was never interested in discussing girls.Hardly had girls as friends in my state, from all I saw, and appeared never intrested in discussing girlfriends.
    While I was just busy day dreaming and dying for this guy, checking his picture online, and the picture we took together virtually everyday.

I posted the long story since last week on this blog and have not been able to get much useful solutions on what next step to take,except from the advisor.

I need advice

9. stumble along

Sart your own thread man thats not cool to hijack a thread.

And to op, basically what everyone has been saying. Don't deny it, tell the truth when asked, be proud of it, maybe wear some rainbows, if a hot guy passes you and your friends just go he's hot , if you over hear some girls talking about a guy then aggree with them or say you prefer so and so better.

10. SkyDiver

Thanks everyone for your replies. :slight_smile:

I love the ideas of telling a friend who LOVES to gossip (easy to pick out cause they always say "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but....") and wearing rainbows and such. I don't think I'll do anything with FB, because I already post quite a few LGBT-positive pictures.

It's my guest that most people just know anyways. No one ever asks me if I'm gay, but hopefully that will change next year.

Thanks again! (*hug*)

---------- Post added 17th Aug 2012 at 10:23 AM ----------

I've always, always wanted to do that but have been too nervous in the past. Haha I'm totally gonna do it. :grin:

11. TalkDTalk

thanks Stumble for the advice.
    I will certainly correct it next time.
    But for solidarity sake, what do you all feel about my story?
    I have not been settled for a while over what am currently passing through.
    What would be your next line of action if you were in my shoes?