1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to myself as genderfluid FtM.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Fallible, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Fallible

I hope this is in the right section. Okay, where to begin? I've known something has been up with me for a while now. The thing is, I sometimes feel fine with being biologically female, and others I feel like a guy on the inside. I've recently identified these feelings and realized that I am genderfluid, although I prefer to be seen as a guy. My female side is Amber, and my male side is Daniel. Even though Amber feels fine with being a girl, she still dresses like a guy most of the time as she is a bit of a tomboy, but she sometimes wears girl clothing. And Daniel dresses like a guy too, but there's a twist- he sometimes likes to crossdress in women's clothing. Sometimes I feel like I'm in between Amber and Daniel, like they're playing tug of war against each other. That's why I feel like I'm genderfluid. Most of the time, I stay Amber for a week or so and then Daniel comes along and takes over for maybe another week. But as I said, I feel like a mixture of the two sometimes. So basically Amber likes to feel like a handsome girl, and Daniel likes to feel pretty. This is kind of confusing, but I'm beginning to like who I am on the inside and out. I've come to realize that there's nothing wrong with who I am on the inside, and how I choose to represent myself on the outside. That is my coming out story to myself. :slight_smile:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!! I'm glad to hear that you are becoming more comfortable with your gender. Gender can be confusing at times..

3. csocm

That's really cool that you are becoming more comfortable with your gender. I joke with a cousin or two and some of my best friends how my brother is pretty much the girl and I'm like the guy (he's gay too). One of my best friends recently became pretty much out as a trans FtM. I mean I pretty much figured it out these past couple of months from all guys clothes, hairy legs, his name on facebook was a guys name. But like I had the actual "talk" in early july. I am totally cool with it and I think we are even closer, now.

When I came out to him about being gay we joke about how he made me gay, and yesterday we were at jcrew (neither of us are shoppers at all) and we were looking at the mens flannel shirts and he told me how his next step is to make me a trans as well. I don't really see that happening but you never know. Anyways, congrats on coming to terms with it.

4. babyjax13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's actually...sort of...beautiful. Congrats! Actually, it's really beautiful.