1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by returning, Aug 20, 2012.

1. returning

A few months ago I came out to my mother and she said that she would love me no matter what. But for some reason I didn't feel good when I came out, I just felt weird. I told her this, and first she said "Do you want me to yell at you or something?"and then she said "Maybe it's because you just think you're gay, but you're not!". This made me feel really uncomfortable. I told her to forget about what I told her, and that I would talk to her about it when I'm older. Ever since this happened, I've felt horrible around my mother. What should I do?

2. returning

Did I post this in the wrong forum?

3. Caoimhe Fayre

no you did not post in the wrong forum. sometimes it takes a while to get replies...

I don't know, I think coming out can feel different for everyone and different every time too... I came out to my mom and just felt weird and awkward, but I felt great after coming out to some of my friends... I wouldn't worry too much about it, but maybe (hopefully) someone else here will have better advice than what I can give.

4. Deaf Not Blind

boy it did take a long time to get a reply...August?

How are you doing now, Spud?
    Have you come out to her yet as Mr. Potato-head?
    Did she handle it better, or are you worried when she orders fries?