1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out using a ring

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Robin, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Robin

I'm on vacation with my mom's side of the family right now. My grandparents, my aunts and uncles. I wanted to come out to all of them at a campfire that we all sat around last night, but that didn't work, and never will, because they have kids that are around, and I don't want them hearing. So instead, I made use of a ring that I got yesterday. It's a gay pride ring with a little rainbow on it. Today, a lot of the family went shopping, and I came along. I wore the ring all day so that they could see it. I don't know if any of them did see it, but I did catch my aunt staring at my hand, so I think she knows something's up.

So what do you think? Can I do this any other way? I want to tell everyone at once, but that doesn't seem possible at the moment with the kids around. :dry:

Here's the ring by the way.

[​IMG]

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What a lovely ring!

As for your question... is there no time when the adults are hanging out and the kids are off somewhere, or in bed, or something? If not, then the only other solution I can think of is to do it in writing, or to do it in small groups.

3. Robin

I guess I could tell my grandparents (who already know) to take the kids somewhere while I announce it. That might work.

4. whatami

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    omg were did you get that ring? :thumbsup: its fab! lol but the answer to your question is yes, you probably can. Do your parents/family members have like an adult only time? if not you should ask them to do so! Doing this will help the kid problem and you can tell them all at once! hope this helps in a way! (&&&)

5. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I want that ring in necklace form! :grin:

Maybe you can speak to them when the kids aren't around? In my family, the adults have their own little area & the kids/teens have ours.

6. Dummy

:newcolor: Well first of all cool ring. And secondly if one of them know then they will probably tell and disguss it with the rest of your family so I think you're ok. Congrats on coming out.