1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Alexanderp, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Alexanderp

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey people! Been a lurker on these forums for some time now, love the community and recently came out to one of my best friends. I came out to other people first though.

I don't know when I began questioning my sexuality, but it was some time in 8th grade. I thought I liked girls and was straight, but nope! It was a really slow realization, but when it hit me, it hit me hard. See my family doesn't seem the friendliest towards gays. My mom is really homophobic, my dad doesn't seem that way though. My brothers also seemed homophobic, using words like 'gay' to insult things and 'faggot' to insult others too. That and a lot of my friends, close friends, did too. So you can see why that when it hit me, I really had trouble. Luckily I had a friend who's so awesome and I came out to her, and she is one of the nicest people you'd ever meet. She reassured me and everything. What's funny is that the guy I like is her cousin, which I had no idea at the time! Anyways I became more and more comfortable with it and eventually posted something on facebook for a day or two, made for select people to see, coming out. My lord was everyone supportive! It really made me glad to see that I have friends that are so awesome! That post is also deleted now, cause my parents got a facebook, so yeah.

Anyways none of my close friends have a facebook, except one, but he never checks it, so he didn't know. That close friend is the guy I like, he's just so nice, weird, funny, caring, and just a great person!(Also very atttactive :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) He's easily one of my greatest friends, and he's straight, he may joke about being gay and stuff like that, but he's straight. A few weeks ago I realized, 'Damn, high-school is going to be terrible.' Why? Cause it's moving from a middle school with 200 kids per grade to a school with nearly 3000 students. I found out most of them are douchebags too, making it worse. I really wanted to make sure that if my secret got out, I'd still have one close friend sticking with me. So a few weeks ago I mustered up the courage to tell him. I had to text him it, but I was hovering over the send button for literally 15 minutes to send the message that I had to tell him something. Holy crap was it scary, I don't think I've been more nervous in my life. When I did send it, I was overjoyed with his response. Just the simple 'sure shoot, my friend' had me reassured. So I told him and he said that it didn't change anything and that he'd always have my back. I was just so happy when he said that. I know I don't have a chance with him, but him simply being my friends makes life that much better. We still talk like we normally do, and he doesn't treat me any differently, even when we're chatting alone. I'm just so lucky to have a friend like him. Words can't describe what he means to me.

Yep that's basically my story, oh wait forgot something! When I came out over facebook two of my brothers heard of it, and they were so supportive. And guess what? I'm not alone, one of them is gay too! XD
    Now that's all, I'm happy with life right now, besides the fact that half my classes are filled with douchebags, but I can still eat lunch with my best friends and hang out with them after school. I think this school year may be all right.

2. Bi As A Kite

Sounds like a great springboard into potentially greater experiences at school. Go get 'em!

3. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Congrats! ^__^