1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling Them

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Kyrux, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Kyrux

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I'd like to tell my story of when I came out to a few people. First of all, I didn't really come out, my sister asked me. She said "David... do you like boys?", I responded with "I think you already know of I am or not", she said "I don't", and then I said "well since I don't really care, yes, yes I am". She said she asked me because my older brother recently came out to her and he told her he thought I was gay, that's when I found out my older brother was gay. He's only told a couple a people, my sister and gay people he knew, he doesn't know I'm aware that he's gay. I was in complete awe, my brother, a person who shares nothing in common with me and who is the last person ANYONE would guess was gay... was gay. So I told my sister it was okay if he wanted to tell my older brother that I was gay and he found out threw a text message from her. So that's how the only people in real life know that I am gay, oh, and for people in the internet I just tell them because one day I was like "screw it, they don't know me in real life" so that's how internet people know.

2. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    congrats

3. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Better to be out than in! x)

4. Gen

Gen

Well I'm not insinuating that all LGBT people are alike, but maybe you do have more in common with your brother than you think. It could be a conversation starter. However, he may not of wanted your sister to say anything, but you can tell him that she told you he thought your were gay. And he was right lol. It would be nice if you guys could support each other.

5. Ianthe

Congratulations! Does your brother still not know that you know he's gay? The whole thing where you're in awe of him would probably be meaningful for him to know. It's wonderful that you have that kind of support from your brother and sister. Your brother obviously cares about you, that he was thinking about what was going on with you enough to talk to your sister about it.

6. Kyrux

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    @Mej7 Thanks, this happened in late June though.

@Nocturnal I wish I would have known that before, it feels so nice to know that I don't have to hide it from everybody.

@Gen My brother is very... loud, angry, aggressive and pretty much a polar opposite of me, sometimes he's nice but he has an extremely short temper and is violent.

@Ianthe No, he doesn't know, also you're right, I guess he does care about me.

My entire family is going to Georgia to see my mom's family and right before they left, my younger brother (15 in about 2 weeks) asked me if I was gay. He said he knew from school because people told him but the problem is no-one in school knows I'm gay. A week ago my supposed "friend" went to my brother (freshmen) and said "I heard your brother was gay" and my brother started crying (which is very odd seeing how he would normally just punch a guy in the face). I think this is why he asked me, I answered "yeah, I am" and that was pretty much it, he's not homophobic though, he has a lot of gay and bisexual friends (and I think he might be bisexual, let's just say I looked threw his history and he has a girlfriend). Anyways he asked me why I wasn't out in school and I told him because I was afraid of being alone. He then went on to say something along the lines of "if they stop hanging out with you because you're gay then they're not your friends". Now I'm thinking that I might just be openly gay (not to my parents though, they'd probably kick me out).

#6 Kyrux, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2012