1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

omg omg omg emergency!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by sexyalex, Jan 25, 2008.

1. sexyalex

ok ok

i am in a serious crisis. one of my friends on myspace added someone from my school who then saw my pics and read my profile and found out i was gay. he also printed multiple copies of my modeling pics and gave them out to everyone who is anyone at school and idk what to do. i don;t even want to go back to school on monday. what is ur advise?

my opinions:

1. run away:tears:

2. find a new high school

3. face it and just come out

4. have a school massicure and kill all :evil:

what u say?

2. ohioboy

hmmm I'm going with 3.
    Good Luck

3. Alexander

I think the only option you have is to just come out. You'll get some crap in the beginning, but you will fade away into yourself again as soon as some other story comes up.

4. acorn7

Ugh, I hate jerks like that...

But why did you put your were gay on your MySpace if you didn't want people to find out?

Anyway, #1 and #2 are kind of complicated. #4 is horrible (seriously, that topic is too awful to make jokes about...). So that leaves #3 :slight_smile:

As long as you act confident and try to downplay the importance of the issue, I think you should be fine. If people try to insult you on it, and you act like you're above their homophobic insults, they'll hopefully look stupid. And get the friends that know to support you. They can be your bodyguards :slight_smile: Hey, at least it's an efficient way to come out...

5. Hollywood

what a fucking dick...

however, were you trying to drop hints about your sexuality if he was able to see it on your myspace? there really is nothing you can do but be outed...it sucks major ass and obviously isn't the way you planned to come out at all, but life dosen't always go how we planned. i'm sorry :frowning2:

6. Alexander

He can't tho. in chat he said his mom would disown him.

7. sexyalex

umm.....u guys have no idea hwo it is to be gay where i live
    ............people get killed............

8. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is there any way you can contact a therapist or a school official, to have a live human to talk to? If you have any connection at all with any of your school's staff, tell them the situation and see what they can do. If it's so serious that even the administration wouldn't help you....I really don't know. I've never been in a situation where I felt my safety was at risk.

9. Wired106

Wow, first of all, I can't believe that kid would do that! That is so messed up. But, anyways, if that happened at my school I'd probably want to transfer schools, because I go to an all guys school, but I'd probably try to stay in the school and just come out to everyone. But listen to this: A couple months ago, one of my best friends sorta found out that I was gay but I didn't tell him and he told many of my friends so a few of them found out, but I was able to contain it and think of a backup to lie and say I wasn't gay and now, a few months later, we're all still friends. Just try and stick to telling everyone unless you can think of a way out and lieing to them all. Good Luck!

10. Hollywood

then why the fuck would you have on your myspace that you're gay or even HINTS that you're gay?

11. Jinx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Back when I was in high school I was dating this real jerk. He was nice to start with, but when I wouldn't mess around with him. So I told him I thought I was gay. Not to be mean or anything, but because I thought it was true. Well, he flipped. (This wasn't the same day he was mad at me btw. I waited until he was in a good mood and we were alone.) He told everyone I was gay and that I was nasty and had told him all sorts of nasty things. Sadly, a lot of people believed him. I made myself so wick with worry I dropped out of school that year. (Thankfully I made it up later and graduated with my class, on time, and with honors :grin:) Anyway, the next school year I tried to take it back. Saying I was Bisexual because I wasn't ready to accept myself. This caused problems with friends and guys I tried dating. It was a big mess. Looking back on it now I just wish I had accepted it and come out.

My advice to you is to find an adult you can trust and talk to at school. Tell them your worries and tell them what happened. Know there's someone there for you to run to if you need it. Build support. Know who you can trust. Stand strong, hold your head up, and it'll be ok. If people see you accepting this and not changing and not caring what other say or think, then maybe they will see it's not so bad.

I hope the best for you. I really do. (*hug*)

12. Hollywood

sounds like this REALLY good book "Keeping You A Secret"

i love LGBT fiction :slight_smile:

13. CrimsonThunder

I say thats a pretty sickening thing to think about.

14. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

That's what I was thinking too. If you put information about yourself on the internet in a way that can be linked to you, sooner or later someone will find it. Sites like Facebook and MySpace make it easy to find people by email address or whatever - that's the whole point of them. So you have to be careful what you put on there and what groups you join etc.

Anyway the damage is done so the best you can do is to face up to it.

Does your mum know about the modelling photos? If so then that could make things easier as you don't have to explain them.

Did you just have "Gay" in your profile, or did you have some other stuff on there too that would tell people that you're gay? Could you claim that someone hacked your MySpace (by guessing your password) and changed that? Would your mum believe that?

If so perhaps you could tell her now that this has happened, that your profile has been hacked and modified, and that printouts are going to be given to people at school, and that you are really worried about what will happen on Monday.

Yes it's bullshit and, but if your life is in danger then a few lies may be essential.

You may also want to get rid of photos in your gallery and avatar etc here so that your username here can't be easily connected with your MySpace profile. If you want any posts deleted just PM me or one of the forum mods.

15. TriBi

Guys - Alex is from Kingston, Jamaica - and yes, that is a seriously homophobic place.

Alex - I'm not sure why you would have put your sexuality up on myspace - but it would appear to have put you in a very awkward situation.

The only thing I could suggest is - have you tried to contact someone at J-FLAG to see if they could offer any advice/assistance?
    http://www.jflag.org/

16. Étoile

That guy was such a douche for doing that! I can't believe that anyone would be so bold and idiotic for doing such a thing.:eusa_naug

About the options you chose, I'll go down them in order:

#1-Running away is a very bad idea. Trying to support yourself at age 16 when you're used to your parents being the main supporter is a very difficult thing to do. Many runaways end up homeless because they didn't think things through before making such an impulsive decision.

#2-Just because you transfer schools doesn't mean your sexuality won't be know at the other school. Big secrets, especially those concerning a person's sexual orientation, spread like wildfire. If people know at any other school you transfer to, then they make think that you were trying to run away from your problems at the other school and give you even more heat.

#3-This is probably the best solution. Your sexuality may already be known by most of your schoolmates because of that jerk, so it's best to just deal with the situation at hand. It'll show people you're not afraid of what they think and show how brave you are. Problems are probably going to arise and if so, you could seek out your school consulor or a therapist.

#4-Even if you were joking, please do not even think about doing this! This is probably the worst way to go through this and this definately will not solve your problems. Serving a life sentence in jail or facing the death penalty is not going to make things better.

I must agree with the others, setting your orientation on Myspace as gay and uploading your photos wasn't the most wise thing to do. I think you should delete your Myspace as soon as possible in order to prevent more problems. If you must lie to protect your life, then you should definately do so. Good luck and please choose the wiser decision.:slight_smile:

17. Grof142007

Man i should do what u have to to keep ur self safe (not #4) Please keep us posted on what going on.

18. lostinthought9

^that's a good queston....WHY???

the best thing you could do is face it, and confront that guy about it....and when i mean "confront" I mean kick his ass! im serious....

19. Hollywood

that wont solve anything either. you got yourself into this and you have to get yourself out responsibly.

20. ebra

you know...in some countries youd have been red flagged for even typing that on here as a joke. number 4 i mean....

there are dangers to being gay, but you are gay, and unless u were going to live out your whole life in the closet, you were going to have to face it eventually. its hard and its scary and people are awful. such is life. i wish you luck, and the strength you need to be who you are. i pray to god that you will remain safe...good luck.