1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets turn the clocks back to oh lets say 2006

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by everett, Aug 31, 2012.

1. everett

High school. Curiosity. No understanding of what my sexuality was.

One night I was chatting with a guy about wolves. He started making sexuall advances on me in the chatroom. At first I was scared. But a part of me secretly enjoyed it. I didn't understand what was going on and I was scared. I tried to act like normal....but then I found myself returning to him and talking about it. He vanished the next day realizing how niave I was at the time I guess.
    Already I was starting to feel rather strange. I began having online chats with random guys and for some reason I was finding myself drawn towards talking about guys more and more. It felt right and began to scare me less and less.

Then one day in high school, I got curious and ask one of my best friends if there was any other guys who liked guys at the school. I met one guy, and began to explore just a little bit with him, my sexuality.
    That same day I came out to my mother who was in shock and did not believe me.
    A few years went by and I was in college. Mom would always ask me if I still liked guys and I would say no because I didn't want to hear her rant or drag out annoying conversations. However I was hurting on the inside as I knew I was actually interested in guys more then girls. I admit I tried to date girls, tried to be normal, hell even went full home run....but it never felt right. I started to make friends who lived nearby who were also gay. The more I was around them, the more I felt right about myself.

Finally my mom asked me as we were leaving the college from my second year if I truly was gay and I finally told her the truth that I felt quite so.
    She hugged me and only asked that I be careful. Over time, she admitted she had a bit of a hard time coming to terms with it but today is loving and respectful of who I am and is glad that I am happy.

My father and my brother both were also very accepting as are most of my closets friends.

So why am I sharing this? I feel pride in talking about this and view this journey as something wonderful that left me finally satisfied and has helped me shape myself into who I truly am. I am proud of my sexuality and will never give in to those who look down upon it.
    Thank you for your time (*hug*)

#1 everett, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  2. Gen

Gen

Well thank you for sharing ^_^.

It's always nice to read positive acceptence stories.

3. everett

Your welcome! I never really had a chance to share my tale with many folks and am glad to finally be able to do so in hopes that others can draw some confidence in themselves =D