1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosumptional

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Pexetta, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Pexetta

Something happened today, I'm not sure whether I think it's a funny story or a big deal. I was telling the bloke I share an office with about my holiday, particularly how I went to meet an internet friend face-to-face for the first time and spent a platonic day together with 'possibilities'. 'Next time he might make you breakfast' joked my officemate pleasedly.

'It was a she actually,' I told him, to an embarrassed reaction. I wanted to say 'I've been sharing this office with you for 18 months and you've quietly assumed that I'm gay the whole time?' but of course I didn't.

It's really odd, I had this whole earthquake of coming out as TG to my best friend etc on Sunday going on, and all the time I was being perceived quite differently by someone I spend 8 hours a day sat in the same room with. :confused:

2. Ha! That guy's a dick. LOL. But, when I came out alot of my friends were like, "I know." Then I was like, "Uhhh, okay?" So, I get what your saying. :slight_smile:

3. J Snow

Well at least if he was under the assumption you were a homosexual male and didn't have a problem with that, there is a good chance he would be accepting of you coming out as transsexual right? =)

4. kc1895

Thats a funny word I've never heard of. But it perfectly describes how the heteronormal think in discrete terms- gay or straight, while disregarding everything outside those adjectives. I hope your coworker will still be understanding and accepting.

5. Pexetta

Yes it's probably a positive thing all in all. And useful to know that my cis/straight disguise wasn't as impenetrable as I thought. Something got through!

6. AllyCat

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well, to be honest, I've actually found myself in your coworker's position a couple of times. There are a few people I know where I'm not sure if they are transgender FTM or a lesbian. I don't come out and ask them because I feel that would be pushy or rude. I feel that when they are ready to be candid about it, they will tell me on their own terms. And in the meantime, that doesn't prevent us from talking about the weather.

7. DoriaN

Hahahaha, poor coworker, he was likely more embaressed at his mistake than you in the situation. Homosumptional... I like it!

Everyone assumes my best friend is gay... He's been with 4 girls total and might be married soon! X3