1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling down? Happy story to turn that around! ;)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Rarar, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Rarar

Posted this before, but I got an update, so I thought to post again.

So, as you may know, I posted on Facebook a few weeks back that I was gay, but blocked any family relatives from seeing it. I got a LOT of supportive comments from people, saying how brave I was to do so. Naturally, I was very happy.

Now, I have two close friends (one boy, one girl) who are homophobes. Serious homophobes. Before I was out, they said how much they were disgusted by gays and how they should be killed etc, the whole melodramatic nine yards. Anyway, today was the first day back of school and I was nervous as hell because of me being out.

To cut a long story short, I spoke to my homophobic friends. They were highly supportive of me and are no longer homophobes. The female one actually told me that she "couldn't wait for me to be her gay best friend". :grin:

I just decided to post this to let people know that it's not always doom and gloom - people who may seem to be very anti-gay may in fact swiftly change their views once you tell them. There is light at the end.:thumbsup: :wink:

2. Night Rain

Whoa, is that even possible? :thumbsup: Congrats to you. Had they changed before you were out to them or after? Did they say why? I'm curious.

3. ForceAndVerve

Some people just hold misconceptions until they find out that SOMEONE THEY KNOW is "one of those people". The thing I don't understand though is how they can go from acting (and I'm going to call it an act beacuse they clearly are NOT really homophobic) so hateful to being so supportive. I guess we will never truely know why some people act like that.

In anycase,well done and BIG congrats! :eusa_danc

4. GirlNextDoor

GirlNextDoor Guest

You've got some weird friends there, buddy. Oh well, it's good that they're supportive and dropped the homophobic crap! :slight_smile: Congratulations, and good luck to you!

5. Veneficus

That's awesome! I'm so glad that even your homophobic friends were supportive!

6. Rarar

Yeah, my friends are very weird. The male one said he 'doesn't really like gays,' but I'm 'cool, so it's alright.' The female one recently came out of an anorexic clinic, so that's probably why she changed too. :slight_smile:

People have been SO supportive, telling me how brave I am and stuff. I've also started saying 'that's straight' instead of 'that's gay', which people find funny. :grin:

7. DoriaN

Ahaha awesome, thanks for sharing!

8. Rarar

Talked to the female one more today. She apologized to me for the homophobic things she had said in the past when I was closeted. We were also talking about what our biggest wishes were.

And y'know what she said her's was?

To get over her homophobia.

omghoweffinsweeticouldvebrokendownrightthen

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, that's super cool, because at first I was doubting the sincerity of her reversal. But it sounds like she really does care. That's so wonderful (*hug*)

Also, I love your sig. Why is that a failbook? I think that's some serious wisdom.

10. Tails Luver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Actually, this may sound weird, but I kinda felt like I had to say that kind of stuff until about a year ago. Honestly, I think those friends were scared of what others would think, as I was, if they ended up supporting LGBT people. Just my opinion on why they might have changed their views.

11. BNQ2012

Woo hoo! I'm glad to hear they had a change of heart. There is indeed hope. (!)

12. Rarar

I don't think that it was classed as a Fail, it was just on their website. In fact, I think the caption said 'WIN!'. :wink: