1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out as trans to a psych for the first time!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by DJNay, Sep 5, 2012.

1. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    So I went to the uni psychology centre to talk to a psych about some issues and I told myself that I was going to be completely honest and deal with all my issues I had been holding in, and I spoke opening about my gender confusion problem and how I hate my female body and as a male I feel so traped and ashamed and I dont what to do, and my suicidal thoughts and anxiety. It was the first time I had told anyone outside my immediate close friend circle (4 ppl) , and she was so supportive and didnt even flinch or anything, she just listened, i was surprised by how calm she made me feel during our session, I was SUPER nervous!!! so I was really happy and relieved, now all i got to do is find a way to tell my parents and get them to understand how I feel without being blownover like its all in my head :/

on a happy side note, i wore a binder for the first time today and it was AWESOME!! couldnt believe how flat my chest was under my t-shirt, i finally felt happy in my own skin :slight_smile:

2. DoriaN

I was shaking when I went in to see my psych, but since they already knew the topic they asked all the questions and I relaxed, next appointment in 2 weeks!

Congrats hun! Its a weird feeling but time sorts things out .... Hopefully x3