1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

update on coming out to wife..it does get better!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by featherpaint, Sep 8, 2012.

1. featherpaint

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    this is my original thread :

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/coming-out-stories/67734-my-story-coming-out-wife.html

since then in the past month or so-

my truck broke down past the point of repair so I sold it cheap and bought another car which I love.The payments were reasonable enough but I had alot of other bills coming in for sept that I had no idea how to pay for.Trying to sell stuff on craigslist but hardly any bites.When you have no money and nothing sells it gets a lil scary!

My own place is still not ready yet but soon will be ,so that weighing on my mind too.

My wife is moving back to kansas and I'm staying here in santa fe.She has a friend that has been looking for a new place for her and she may have found one!Throughout all this we been trying to find a way to get cash gathered for her move.

Well today an unexpected windfall happened to us so we have enough to get her back home and for me to pay off bills and then some.

I also told my 10 year old stepson I was gay and he just kinda gave an ugly face to the idea of it but was cool and didn't affect him really.He has an older gay brother too so he knew what 'being 'gay' was.

I'm trying to help my wife as much as possible and vice versa.We're getting along and talking more than we have in a while and just want the best for each other in our new lives.

I'll miss her but we have facebook and phones to keep in contact with each other.We are divorcing at some point officially but haven't decided when.We're not worried bout it yet.

This is the start of our new lives and I wish her the best...thank you to all the EC members that supported and encouraged me.This has been the hardest thing I've ever done in my life but it is getting better!!!!!!:icon_bigg

My parents are still trying to Billy Graham me into submission thinking it's just a phase i guess...sigh:bang:

Also emailed my sister and told her...no reply yet..my brother is another story...he can either accept me or not.

So I guess that is it for now...hey and any of you wanna add me as friend please do.I know I don't post too often but that'll pick up once stuff settles down a bit...

for now..thanks for listening....

luv ya all

dave:smilewave

2. featherpaint

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    heard from my sister today..she will call tomorrow and we'll talk but otherwise she sounds cool with it...and my wife is leaving next friday back home...i'm not sure on what i'll feel yet but i will miss her terribly.....more to come

3. everett

*hugs dave* Congrats! All good things do come in time! =D

4. 55

Congratulations on moving forward! Keep us posted!

5. J Snow

Congratulations. I can only imagine how it feels to seperate from someone you've been together with for so long, but its for the best.

Best of luck on your new journey (*hug*)

6. featherpaint

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :tears:sigh well my wife was going to leave tomorrow but she decided to leave tonight...im so fucking sad now...i miss her so much...she will always be my best friend..but it's for the best for both of us...fuck this hurts:tears:

7. Mercy

Mercy Guest

im sorry * holds tight *

8. DoriaN

Happyface followed by sadface

9. 55

So sorry, Featherpaint! I hope you're feeling better now. It'll be an up and down battle for quite some time. Get the support you need from wherever you can get it!