1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Sbianca, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Sbianca

Out Status:
    Some people
    I had been worrying quite a bit about telling her that I'm bisexual and possibly gay (even if not, I prefer women), as she's very religious and I've heard her say that she disagrees with homosexuality and views it as a sin. She is my closest friend here at college (we're freshmen) and I've known her for nearly 10 years. I was really itching to talk to her about it, so I told her I needed to talk with her after a meeting she had...at which point she seemed concerned but said okay.
    Later on I told her everything and she was TOTALLY okay with it. She didn't seem bothered at all, and I was stunned and elated. She has a habit of hugging, etc., me and most other people, so I was especially worried that she'd be uncomfortable about that ever happening again. Not so. I'm so happy with the way it went. I was even able to tell her a bit about the girl I like when she asked. I'm quite relieved. :eusa_danc It has not changed our friendship at all.
    Just wanted to share a positive coming-out story.

2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

3. DoriaN

4. jimL

Wahoo! It's so great to hear a positive coming out story. Congrads!

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

That's an awesome reaction!! Congrats and thank you for sharing!! :slight_smile:

6. KillTheLights

Aw<3 Congratulations :grin:

7. TalkDTalk

Sbianca,

Am so excited for you that it worked. Congrats.

I honestly wished mine worked this way; instead, it was relatively the opposite I got.

I met a dish of a guy 9months ago, then I cudnt sleep again; researched and researched on how to get him to be my friend, I succeeded.We became very friendly and 'trusting'...but it took a long time to get to this stage,unti the day I cudnt hold any longer, I asked him to kiss me, he was shocked and then burst into laughter.He nicely refused.

Was set for a journey to be away for a long time.He cut off totally.
    for a whole month, he only responded once to my mail, and cut off.

After his holidays were thru, he returned just last week and we bumped into each, just behaved normally with his usual smile, but now exercised a lot of caution,no cracking jokes again.

He normally would inform me when he arrives, but didnt bother at all to get in touch.

I had to take hime to a garden, where we sat on top of my car bunnet,then I apologized for what haapend a month ago. He shocked amazement that we had already passed that stage long time ago; I told him its becos he cut for so long without saying a word all through, not even when I told him I was ill....

He said its becos he met a lot of challenges at home, with his Dad feeling ill, later his Mum, then he had some proposed projects he was trying to round up with.

I accepted everything though, but I still tendered apologies the second time...he said “oh men, you have already apologized”. I said it was necessary for you to know that am not normally into that kind of life (i.e being into men), but I found myself being attracted to you. But that has been taken care of in my mind. But he must establish clearly that am not into that kind of thing, as he is the only person I have ever approached that way.

And then I told him “ I didn’t grow up an extrovert, I only met it later in Life, I have never really had close friends becos am a damn selective person. But since I met you, you were everything I expected in my kind of friend.”

He said, no problem at all.
    I now told him to tell me how he feels about me.
    In response to all I said, my friend just said, he observed people don’t understand him,

He said, “I have observed people don’t understand me. I am usually very open to people and free, to anybody I meet, that is my life.

But people always wonder what kind of person he is.
    People tend to misunderstand me. Some say I act like a spirit.

But am free with everyone, even with people tend to offend me, or even steal my business proposals and implement them, I still remain the same.

This is just me....its the way I am” he continued talking.
    He said, “ even after such people treat me bad, when they contact me, I still respond to them in emails and blackberry...this is how I am”

“No doubt I do remember what happend, but the problems I faced at home made it push it off.”
    “Anyway, let it go..........let it go............”
    Those were his words; I then asked him
    “Can we go back to being the brothers we have always been?”
    He said, “Sure”
    Then we entered the car, then I dropped him where he will get a bus and go.

I discovered that he had changed in certain behaviours. When am talking, He turns on to some distractions like greeting people or like in the park where we were sitting on the car, a man selling sweets was hawking it around us, he just blanked my side and started pricing the sweets, without taking excuse, which is not normally his line of courtesy.

I observed it even when we first bumped into each other when we were talking by a gate, he just turned on to be chatting with a lady passing in a car. No excuse, no courtesy. He never did such things before. Within me, am like how am I goin to get this guy to respect me the way he did before.

I also discovered that then when I cracked a lot of jokes that he normally laughs to, he just looked indifferent.

I have a thread where I had explained stage to stage in August. And I've got all kinds of advice, yet am still in a great puzzle.
    Ok,tomorow, I have a social function to attend. He would have ordinarily being the person to call on, but now he says, he is busy week-long.

This doesnt help me,and I cant just take my eys and heart off him.
    What do I do?