1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Umm

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Pepsi, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Oh god I am so confuseud I mean, like I really wannna "Come out" but honest;y I wouldnt even know how For starters ever since I was little, whenever someone wanted to piss me off they would call me gay, which of course I would always respond " IM NOT GAY" to, which of course was kind of laughable once I realized I was. But I dont wanna seem like a complete lier.. Then there's the fact that, I have no idea How anyone would react.
    My Brothers and sisters have never really talked of how they fell about gay people.. I'm torn about wheather my mom is more understanding about how people stay in the closet or if she is angry at those who do considering she was maried to a gay guy for like 13 years... ( I really dont care how my stepdad would feel) Then theres my dad, who is gay, but I dont know what that means about how he'll feel about me being gay. considering theres always been this kind of silence betweemn me and him, which I tink he thinks is because hes gay buyt its not its just because Im quiet.. Anyway Im sorry for just rambaling and I know u can probably understand about 2% of this thing but I just wanted to u know just write something somewhere, U know just to get some of it Off my chest. OOO Im also sorry that I cant really spell that well, or type

2. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

It isn't easy, you will know when the time is right, and even when it is you'll have to push yourself to do it. Just blurt it out randomly "Hey, I'm GAY!". I've never had a "the time is right" moment with my parents so when I do come out it'll be totally out of nowhere and I don't even care. The words will be out of my mouth and my life will be so much better. You should consider sticking around and posting a few more things Pepsi. I am feeling way more comfortable with myself and my sexuality after surfing through here even for only a few days.

3. Alex89

It's difficult when you have no idea how they feel about gay people...maybe try renting a movie with a gay character and attempt to start a conversation about it so you'll get the general feel for what their opinions are.

I'd suggest coming out to your dad since he should be understanding since he's been through it himself. It may open the communication channels between you 2 a lot more if you have this major thing in common.

It's hard to predict how your coming out will go (reactions-wise), but do what you are comfortable with and don't let pressure force you out. Do it at your own speed when and where you want to.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

4. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Thanks for the advice

5. panda

Terrific start Pepsi.Just to talk with the people here will help a lot.:welcome: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

6. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Alex89, talking with your dad should be good. :slight_smile:

7. Temujin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It sounds like your dad has come to terms with it and accepted who he is. Given that, I think he would turn out to be your best friend. I can't speak for anyone else, but I have thought about marrying and raising a family very often. One of my biggest fears in raising a family was one of my children being gay. Early on, I believed that it would have devastated me. Not because he or she turned out to be gay but because it is something that I would not wish for anyone. Over the last few years, however, i've accepted myself as gay and, in doing so, the fear I had about raising gay children faded away.

I can honestly say that I would be very proud of my gay son or daughter for coming out to me. I would not want them to wait either. The sooner the better. I'm hedging my bets, but you may discover that your dad will become the greatest advocate of your happiness and well-being. I say tell him.

8. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Thanks, I fell alot better just talking here, I think I will tell my dad soon, maybe even before I tell anyone else.