1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We both came out. Great experience with supportive Class!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Brenny, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Brenny

So the other day I had the strangest urge. I would have waited to do it in person but I just got off work and it was late and I needed to do it... That's right. I text my friend and told her:

I know it is kind of random and it has probably been pretty obvious to most people but I just wanted to tell you, I'm gay.

Her response? 5 minutes later she tells me she just got finished screaming, running, jumping and cartwheeling around her house she was so happy for me. :eusa_clap

I was never too nervous in this case because I just knew she wouldn't mind. Actually the first time I met her, my gaydar was beeping. But she had a boyfriend so I was like... Whaaa? But anyway she has that kitten with the pink box-shaped body and the rainbow on her bag so I knew she was supportive. Anywho. So today we were just talking over lunch and she also came out to me as bisexual and was genuinely jumping up and down to me again all excited I came out. She said she was, "So proud" and "so happy" for me! (&&&)

Guys and gals. The story gets better. So today in class my professor who I have had for 3 years tells the whole class (juniors and seniors) about his Environmental 101 lecture. Talking about world populations, he brought up the question to the 101 class, "Why is it that in many countries, especially Europe, people are having less children?" He was hoping a student would answer with birth control. Only one student answered saying, "It's all them homosexuals. More and more of them lately." At hearing this story my whole class laughed but then started ranting about how that is ridiculous. One guy mockingly said how its "all them straights reproducing and making them homosexuals." This went on for a couple minutes with everyone saying how unfair people are to LBGT's and talking about gay marriage and stuff. Me and my bi friend were both like, "awwwwww:kiss:!!!" It felt good to be in a room and know that absolutely everyone was accepting and even supportive. :slight_smile:

P.S. I get home and my sis is watching Dawson's Creek. The ep where the brother comes out of the closet.
    #VERYGAYDAY

#1 Brenny, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Oh, wow! Awesomeness all around!! Congrats on having awesome people in your life! :grin:

3. everett

That is frigging awesome =D

4. Night Rain

You mean Nyan cat?
    [​IMG]

I doubt it's gay-related...
    Congratulations by the way. :grin: You should have told her you knew it!

5. Brenny

Lol yes that neon cat. It is pink and has rainbows coming out of it. Seems pretty gay but of course I don't know. She was like "I have no gaydar so I never was sure. I just didn't assume." I didn't feel like saying that I purposely avoided her at first because I didn't think she was straight. At the time I was very in denial. That was 3 years ago. At the same time I think it is what drew me to her a few months later. Here we are now having conversations about just about everything, joking about bringing home girlfriend/boyfriends. Pretty crazy considering I never expected things to be so open.

My school was started to support the diversity in the community and that is pretty clear when you see all the people who go there. It is pretty accepting. I've even seen guys holding hands walking down the hall.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's great that you came out to your friend! Congratulations! :slight_smile:

I can imagine how you must have felt realizing that you are finding yourself in a very supportive and accepting environment at school.

7. King

King Guest

Haha #VERYGAYDAY

Congrats! That's awesome that you have such supportive people all around you. :slight_smile:

8. jimL

(!)It just doesn't get much better than that. Congratulations!(!)

9. darlig ulv

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, that's super cool! I always find it serendipitous when my friends are also queer. It is of course made more fun by the fact that my gaydar is awful.