1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to therapist

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Waterlilly, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Waterlilly

I came out to my therapist today. I had resolved to do it after I had a difficult time explaining why having crushes bothered me so much without coming out last week. It was kind of awkward and I didn't really want to talk about it, but then about half an hour later she said "hey how is it that we haven't talked about the fact that you just came out?" so then we had to talk about it. She asked how I knew and I didn't want to get into specifics so I couldn't explain it and had a moment of panic that she would try to say that that meant I wan't really gay, but she was really great about it. The whole thing was squirm-inducing, but I think I'm glad I finally did it. :astonished:
    Just wanted to post this because I have no idea if I'll ever get to post in this area again, seeing as I have decided I can't come out to my family.

2. Emberblaze

Hey, good job girlie! Just keep walkin on the path ahead with your feet on the ground, and you'll eventually cross the hill.

Bundles of support from THIS guy, alright!

3. Mercy

Mercy Guest

same <3

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is great that you came out to your therapist; congrats on that! :slight_smile:

As you continue talking with her, you will probably realize that having come out to her and revealed that piece of you, will also make talking about other (and related) things easier.

5. kc1895

Good job! I had a really hard time coming out with mine too. But its probably one of the best things that I told her, since I started building trust in her and we had a really good therapy relationship since.