1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out since 14. It gets easy !

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Mykill, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Mykill

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone:slight_smile:
    Just wanted to share MY story, as it went very well and might even comfort some of you.
    I had just turned 14 and was starting 9th grade. I was always friends with mostly females when i was younger, and was quite sure i was attracted to guys... But I remember a couple of my friends asking if I was gay... (I think they knew because i was friends with mostly females) It was the first time it was ever addressed in my life, and somehow I just said "Yes." And thats when I came out to my school. Not long after I had a senior boyfriend who came out to the school by sticking his tongue down my throat at homecoming dance! Good times. All his exgirlfriends wanted to fight me and all that and were acting all disgusted. We were the talk of the school for a week or 2 after that, but nothing really negative came out of it. Many people really dont care as much as you think. And if they do, who cares? They are the weird ones for caring who YOU want to have sex with. It is irrelevant to them. Anyways, ever since then I was always open in high school, even after switching schools twice. Got in a few fights over it, but it was because I had a temper and I like altercation... It didnt have to be that way at all. Being openly gay in high school was fun and easy to me.
    FAMILY: I was 15. My mom always talked mess on gays saying it was a sin and all that. But i told her anyways... And then she broke down crying and hugging me telling me it was okay and she loved me and that she never meant any of that about gay people (lol... whatever.) My step-dad didnt really care cuz we dont talk, and my dad is irrelevant in my life and I believe my mom told him but I dont know or care what his reaction was.... My distant redneck family are all just worried im going to get HIV hahhh.

To sum it up: Get it over with. You'll find yourself so much happier. If you are bullied or anything, ignore them or call them out. "Yeah... im gay... why do you care? Is it relevant? Do you wanna have sex with me?" I always pulled that one when stupid dudes would try to get funny around their friends... They always shut up after that and all their friends would be laughing at them....

To this day, im 18 years old and 100% happy and proud to be gay.I really dont even know why I love it so much lol. I actually dont want people thinking im straight... i correct everyone. Maybe i just like the attention lol? idk. But being gay is very easy to me. THESE DAYS are so much easier! And its only getting better! I have many much much older gay friends, and i've been told stories about how it was just something you didnt tell people back in the day. Im glad to have been born in times where I could come out and it be easier. I truly do think SOCIETY (not humanity, society. being gay is completely normal behavior and nothing to ever discriminate against if we were to completely do away with SOCIETY and all of its standards and all that bullshit.) is becoming more accepting of it though. It doesnt phase too many these days.

But thats my coming out story! Hope that all of your guy's can be good too!

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, thanks for posting your story! I'm really glad it worked out so well for you, and its impressive that you had the courage to face up to it and just walk into the situations with your head held high. It's definitely an inspiration to read :slight_smile: I hope you decide to stick around!

3. Calico

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:
    I'm thinking about coming out soon, since there's just no point hiding lol. But I might wait a few years until I tell my parent so I don't have to cop as much " it's just a phase" rubbish.

4. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wonderful story!
    Others may envy you. Haha.
    Wear yourself on your sleeve and don't let them put you down.

You are a wonderful human being. You deserve the best.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for sharing your inspiring story. It's wonderful that you have reached the point where you can correct people, and that it all went well for you. :slight_smile:

6. Zach12345

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow you lucky! I wish I had the guts you do!

7. DarkestJade

You are a true inspiration... I had to read your story 4 times in a row just because I loved it so much!!!! I simultaneously envy you and love you for your bravery...

Thank you, for being you :slight_smile:

8. Tails Luver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I seriously wish I had your guts, dude! Thanks for sharing your story! It's very inspirational!