1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my parents, friends and family

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SnowLeopardLove, Sep 18, 2012.

1. SnowLeopardLove

so take yourself back to 2002

i was 15

i has started seeing my Commanding Officer and her partner for tutoring earlier that year, started talking to them, and it hit me,
    they were a couple
    they were like me,
    but not like me.
    it was weird, so i made a casual reference , asking when S would be home and L answered back just as casually that S wasnt due home for a while

i asked, How long have you and S been together?
    L looked shocked and then asked
    How did you know?

that was the start of it all, i started talking a little more openly about my feelings to S and L.
    We became good friends, but that wasnt just the end of it
    I confessed to S that i had a crush on L, she kinda smirked and said she kinda knew.
    S was my Commanding Officer in cadets, she was the one i felt the most comfortable around, she has been around for so long that i felt ok with her and asked for her help in coming out to my parents

S came and stood with me as i read aloud a letter directed at my mom, dad, and three older brothers. She was there for me when my mom and dad asked me to leave the family property and S was the one i ran to when things got too bad with my family

S and L were my saving graces when it came to dealing with people at school. Growing up a sleepy tiny town in rural Canada was hard, but a farming community, it was pretty much unheard of to be gay or a cross dresser. i always had dressed a little differently, trying to fit in, but it never worked. no matter that clothing i bought, i always went back to my pagan roots and the basic black. i very rarely wore anything other than black, and the first time i actually wore colour, my teachers and other students were shocked.

It was a tough time in my life, strange as it sounds, scary and yet, it had to be done. i had to shake up the constant stigma of bland being the norm and everyone having wheat sheathes and plaid shirts with light coloured blue jeans. I had to shake them up, make them wake up. it wasnt in my nature to be stagnant.

so once i graduated high school i left. i took off for the big city and started my real education there.

It was weird, but deep down i felt at home, in the hustle and bustle, felt like my life was beginning all over again. I enrolled in classes and started going back to school....

Then I met HER

She was the epitomy of beauty, with shapely hips and long blonde tresses that reached and curled around a devine face and always held laughing eyes.
    She was the woman i was destined to spend the rest of my life with

Now, after 5 years, i am finally at home, and maybe, just maybe, going to get married and adopt a child, but so far, its just us. There is no hurdle, no wishing and hoping, no "Grass is greener on the other side". Its a peace and calm my life needs.

thats why i say Namaste

The devine in me respects and acknowledges the devine in you

I am finally home. and this is where i want to be

2. BBird75

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wow, Snowleopard!
    That's so beautiful. Reading this, I'm so happy for you both, and wish you all the happiness you want and deserve.
    Best wishes!! :slight_smile:

3. moonwriter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wonderful, touching and inspiring - thank you so much for sharing! You really gave me hope (and when you are 16, and don't know a single gay guy, you NEED hope). Thank you!

Best of wishes!

4. HarleyQ

That was so beautiful!!! I'm sorry it was so tough for you at first, but I'm glad it turned out for the best :slight_smile:

I wish you many happy years !!!

5. SnowLeopardLove

Thank you everyone.

I feel as if i have been blessed by who ever is up there for allowing me to find my mate so early on in life.

i hope one day you all can find what i have.... a true home where you belong and dont feel ill at ease at all in.

6. BaronGordon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    wow! congratulations! :slight_smile:

7. SupernovaX

Out Status:
    Family only
    That is awe inspiring! Congratulations.