1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came Out to My Sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by andrewshell11, Sep 18, 2012.

1. andrewshell11

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So today I began my coming out process... but it was kind of an accident. I didn't plan on this happening or anything...

I was driving, my sister was in the passenger seat, and my mom was in the back seat. We were approaching the gas station to fill up the car and for my mom to go inside for something. I turned into the gas station pretty fast and so my mom and sister started yelling at me. I starting yelling back and arguing with them. Finally I got out and started filling the car up with gas while my mom went into the store. My sister remained in the car. After I filled the car up, I got back into the car, expecting her to start arguing again.. I was still very angry. My sister said "Love ya" and I said "Whatever.". She began arguing again and it finally came to where she said "maybe you should quit being gay" or some kind of remark like that. I was so annoyed that I just turned around and yelled "SO what the FUCK if I am gay? I'm not. I'm freaking bisexual!" I began crying at this point NOT because of the topic.. but because I was so ANNOYED and everything. She said "OH my god! I'm so sorry!" She hugged me and I was crying even more (still not over coming out.. I was just torn up over everything). She said "It's ok. NObody cares." I told her "Don't tell anyone.. not even mother" and she said "I won't." So my mom got in the car and we went to my grandmothers (which was like a minute away because the gas station was across the road). I went into the bathroom because I knew I looked like I was crying. My sister texted me "Sorry for being mean to you and don't worry about it. Love ya. Don't be sad. I still love you the same and it don't matter anyway. Sorry for saying all that mean stuff. If I would have known, I won't have said it. Love ya"

This happened today.. a few hours ago. In a way I regret it because I know I'm viewed in a different way now.. but in a way, I'm just like "whatever". haha. Anyways, I don't plan on coming out to my mother anytime soon yet.. but who knows, I never planned this coming out either! haha.

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

At least someone knows what's going on with you. :slight_smile: Congrats, even though it was released out of anger.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A coming out is a coming out. Sometimes things happened in ways we have never planned for. Despite the arguing, I think it is great that your sister is accepting and still loves you.