1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farewell Narnia! ^.^

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by DefineNormal, Sep 26, 2012.

1. DefineNormal

DefineNormal Guest

So I may have drifted out of using this site for a very long time, but I really want to share this with you guys as I s'pose that EC played a huge part in accepting myself :icon_bigg

I am- as of today- all out at school (one of only four LGBTs may I add :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). Honestly, I have no idea how I ended up in this position, but I finally understand what people mean when they say 'it gets better'- because it actually does.

For the first time I was walking around with my head up, and being genuinely happy with myself. I think the most important thing about coming out to everyone is that you're no longer seeking acceptance. You know that you love yourself regardless, and that it doesn't matter if other people don't because it's not your problem. When you show the word that you're proud of yourself, no one dares say a thing against you- and when they do it's meaningless. I didn't realise that I could ever be like that until I walked through the front gates this morning, and I can honestly say that coming out was the best thing I've ever done.

A happy correspondence with my coming out also meant that our school's GSA got plenty of publicity. Me and the three other out LGBTs are starting a GSA at our school- basically unheard of in England- so we decided to spam facebook and hope for the best as the school has been a tad uncooperative in getting our posters approved for registers. Apparently it worked and we eneded up with 14 people attending. Not to bad for a first meeting... :eusa_danc

So I guess what I wanted to say was thank you for the support in those months I spent trawling the archives on here trying to find answers, and for being an awesome community- we'll be recommending people come here. Don't be afraid of what you are- or might be- and stay strong because you'll find your answers eventually, and I will be your personal cheerleader (!)

Life is so sweet outside the closet :thumbsup:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is great that you have come out at school and are open about yourself. It is good to read that you are happy with yourself and confident. Starting and being part of the GSA at your school, is a testament to that.

Congratulations!

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Wow, thanks for sharing! Really awesome that you are doing so well and so glad that you guys are getting a GSA started!!

Congrats on everything! :slight_smile:

4. SkyDiver

How did you come out? :slight_smile: