1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i do this people????

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by anonomus, Sep 26, 2012.

1. anonomus

anonomus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am having some issues, I just moved in with my roomate a few months ago. We have known each other for maybe a year. He is really kind. In fact when I first met him I thought he was gay. I am still not positive he isn't. I feel like I should tell him. But I honestly have no clue how. I am terrified that he will hate me. He will be the only person that knows. I trust him. But I jst dont want to lose my friend. got any advice

2. DhammaGamer

Just do it. Just like when ur hanging out or something, just be like "so, not sure if you know this or not, but I'm gay, i figured you should probably know since we're living together." I'm sure it will be just fine.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Welcome to Empty Closets! :slight_smile:

Deep breath. I'm sure things are going to work out just fine. (*hug*) Given that you know your roommate for a year, try to think about if he has ever mentioned anything that could provide you with a clue as to how he might react.

If you don't want to talk about it directly with him at first and want to test the waters a bit more to be able to gauge his possible reaction better, you could trying bringing up a LGBT topic or issue during a conversation with him and see what he says, and take it from there.

Another possibility and which would be a bit bolder, would be to bring up casually the idea of joining a LGBT support group. You could always say "I wonder if there is a LGBT support group," and see what he says. Are you coming out to him when you mention it to him? Not really, because a lot of supporters also go to LGBT support groups. :slight_smile:

4. anonomus

anonomus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am so nervous right now. I think im going to talk to him when he gets home and see how it goes im extremely nervous. can barely catch my breath right now.

5. ckswimmer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    how'd it go?