1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My ex-girlfriend found out I'm gay

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Silvails52, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Silvails52

This afternoon, I got a text from my ex. She asked me if I had something to tell her. Something about my sexual orientation. My stomach dropped. I didn't know how she found out. I checked Facebook to make sure I didn't do anything stupid (I didn't) so it must have been someone back at my school. I asked around, trying to find out who told her. I still don't know. Anyways, she told me to call her. So I did, and told her I'm gay. I didn't tell her before because the two boyfriends before me turned out gay in the end. I thought it would upset her more if I told her. How unlucky is she for dating gay guys before they knew? Anyways, she was more upset that I didn't tell her before hand. She was fine that I was gay, but for that afternoon... so stressful and worrying...

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's kind of funny that her other 2 bf's ended up being gay as well. Lol Hopefully the poor girl doesn't think something is wrong with her.

3. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Maybe there's something about gay guys that she is attracted to.

4. BNQ2012

Funny, I've heard of other people who seem to have that pattern. They date people and then, lo and behold, the person they dated comes out. I've had two exes contact me since I came out. Both were supportive but utterly surprised. LOL

5. prism

I have the same problem!

I drunkenly made out with one of my male friends and we became closer friends afterward. To me, we were always just friends. I gently let him down when he asked me out, but he is very persistent and keeps asking my other friends why I won't date him. He even asked if I was gay, to which my friend (to whom I had already come out) said 'no.'
    He was so relieved and said he last girlfriend ended up being a lesbian.

Such a strange pattern. It would be interesting to know why someone is consistently attracted to a homosexual member of the opposite sex.

6. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hah, hilarious.

My ex girlfriend jokingly told me she thought I was gay. She's totally right, but nobody needs to know that. Lol

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, this is quite common. She's not just unlucky, she's a faghag... she attracts, and is attracted to, closeted gay men. One of my friends has a faghag best friend and, poor thing, she's gone out with about 8 guys and every one of them has later turned out to be gay. She sees the humor in it, but she unfortunately doesn't seem able to break the pattern.

I suspect it happens because that sort of girl likes a sensitive, thoughtful guy, and most straight guys just aren't that way. I don't know of any particular solution, except that most faghags eventually do find a Mr. Right who is actually straight. :slight_smile: