1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told Therapist

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by csocm, Sep 27, 2012.

1. csocm

So I am giving therapy a second try, this time I am using my friend Drew's, (he's trans FtM) therapist. I had a session yesterday and it seemed to go really well, we talked mainly about like my history, just to get a sense of who I am. She asked me about my brother and somehow we started talking about how he is gay. I then talked about the car ride in which he came out to me and so I did the same. We talked for a little about me being gay and she even joked about how I made her job more difficult. I laughed because it was true, she thought she was getting a depressed orphan, but she got a depressed orphan that's gay.

Drew had mentioned that she was trying to start an LBGT group and so I am most likely to join that. It will be a small group, I think there are three trans kids and then two other gay kids besides me. But I know that that will be a huge step going to those meetings.

Anyways, now two adults know, and I am getting ready to come out fully to my youth group (about half of the kids know already.)

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is great that you came out to your therapist. It will help in having productive sessions down the road. Congrats on that! :slight_smile:

I can only encourage you to join the LGBT group. Hope the LGBT group will get off the ground.