1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freaking out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by musicgeek13, Sep 27, 2012.

1. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

I was with my friend all day trying to tell him but I chickened out. But on my way home I decided to just do it and texted him. He still hasn't replied and I am freaking out. Its not that I think he will have a bad reaction. He is my best friend and is also gay himself. The problem is that he is the first person that I have told who actually knows people who are connected with my family. I don't think he would tell anybody but it just makes everything so much more real and I am scared. But on the upside, another one down :thumbsup:

2. AlexisAnne

I can understand the fear. For a long time I carefully seperated the people in my life because of situations like this. I was a little paranoid :slight_smile: He's your best freind though, and gay as well to boot. I have to doubt he would say anything without your consent. Its possible he hasn't gotten the text, or wants to respond in person. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.

Good luck!

3. O_Negative

Personally I have developed some major anxiety issues, so I totally understand thinking some crazy stuff when people dont reply right away about sensitive topics. I do hope that things work out. All I can say is take a few deep breaths, remind yourself that he is your best friend, and try to relax. Maybe go do something to get your mind off of it.

4. lizzie68

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out to someone I have known for 5 years, who is also gay - and I hesitated - I think the anxiety is normal. Coming out to anyone requires a certain vulnerability and that is always a risk. I have yet to be rejected by anyone - yet I still get anxious over sharing my truth - because I am not totally comfortable with it myself YET. It's a process. Be gentle with yourself and have faith in people - you'll find they have faith in you and love you regardless of your choices. Those that don't honor you - will fade away. Take care

5. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

Thanks everyone. I think I realized these things but I just needed someone to tell me. He is always really bad about responding to texts anyway so I'll just wait it out.