1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plus One

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by AlexisAnne, Sep 28, 2012.

1. AlexisAnne

As of this moment, there are four people who know that I am trans and putting myself on the path to exploring it and learning to live with it. Later today that number is going to go up by one.

I called one of my oldest friends several days ago and told him I wanted to talk to him about something, and we set things up to meet this afternoon for a late lunch. I'm not as nervous about this particular coming out as I have been in some of my past endeavors. He came out to me as gay well before I came out to him as Bi, and he's one of the most non judgemental and accepting people I know.

I'd be lying if I said there weren't one or two stray butterflies floating around in my stomach though. I'm sure it'll be okay, but wish me luck.

I'll let you guys know how it goes:dry:

2. xXPsychedelicXx

Best of luck! (*hug*)

3. AlexisAnne

Ok, I'll admit it. Now that I'm at the restaraunt waiting one or two annoying bitterflies have started fluttering around my stomach, but I remain resolute and confident.

4. J Snow

Good luck. He doesn't seem like the type of person to get upset about it =)

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. AlexisAnne

What a fantastic day. I went a little above and beyond what I'd initially planned. I would have posted earlier, but by the time I made it home I had just enough time to get to my martial arts class. I've found doing something physical that requires focus like that helps me deal with the valley in my moods. Not that I needed it today.

That's not what you want to hear about though.

So, I did come out to my friend and talk about being trans, and wanting to seek help. It went extremely well, like I initially expected. I suppose the butterflies I was experiencing were unnecessary:slight_smile:

He told me that while he can't completely empathize with it, and can't know exactly what I'm going through, he's there for me, and he'll be there for me throughout. We talked for about an hour and a half. It's pretty amazing that, over the last twelve years we've had contact like once a year or once every couple of years but we can still sit down and pick up exactly like that time hadn't passed. I guess it says even more about our friendship that with those kinds of null periods, I felt I could sit down with him and talk about this right away.

Anyway, that was the first part of my day. I guess, things having gone so well with my friend, I decided to kind of make a day of it. My aunt/Godmother lives near where we met to eat. I decided to stop by. My other two aunts were there, as well as my cousin. I'm not ready to discuss being trans with them yet, but I did finally get around to coming out as bi to them. Maybe it was the fact that I'd just gotten done discussing my other issues with my friend, but I didn't even bat an eyelash when I told them about my orientation. I was completely confident and told them that I was comfortable with it, I wasn't expecting anything from them, and I just wanted to put it out there so they knew.

They were all very cool about it. Then they asked if I was seeing somebody and that's why I decided to tell them now. I told them I wasn't, and they told me that if I did start seeing somebody, they would always be welcome in that house, male or female.

So, yes, I'm having a fantastic day, probably my best in quite some time. I still have a long way to go, but right now I am on top of the world! :slight_smile:

7. DhammaGamer

yay, good for you! :slight_smile:

8. lizzie68

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    isnt it wonderful to walk in freedom? :slight_smile: celebrate :slight_smile:

9. AlexisAnne

Loving it!!

10. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Congratulations :slight_smile:

11. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That was indeed a fantastic day! Congratulations on your coming out(s). :slight_smile:

Glad you have support from some of your extended family and from your friend, who supports you no matter what.

12. Sandy0557

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds like you madee some real progress. Congrads.

13. AlexisAnne

Thanks guys. I feel really good about it!

14. madi

congrats! :slight_smile: can't wait until I have that kind of confidence to tell my extended family! So happy for you :slight_smile:

15. Wrongdaytodie

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Woow, that's really good. :slight_smile: Congrats! (=