1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to mom...;_; She blabbed to dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SecretSheik, Sep 28, 2012.

1. SecretSheik

Out Status:
    A few people
    It was last during fall when I hinted to her that I was "The son she never had." She kind of sighed and told me not to say it. I pretty much told her I was joking which was okay to her relief, but I think her worrying about me being becoming someone other than myself not her precious girl is what makes her worry more than anything.

But when I came out to her, I think it was kind of a stunned moment because I was scared as hell that she would yell, freak, panic, take out a bible and begin quoting verses. Beats me were catholic. >>;;;; Plus I was kind of in tears expecting the worse and she pretty much told me that'd she'd still love me. Which was a relief for me...knowing my mom still loves me is a plus.

But then she got curious....and then asked some kind personal questions. How do you know for sure? Was I seeing anyone....those kind of things. I personally didn't wanna out anyone I knew and that could get THEM into trouble....So I did my best to try not to be too dodgy and just answer what I could. That wasn't easy.

I also told her not to tell dad.....it was one thing that she knew but telling dad would be opening up a can of worms....I was close with dad, and him finding out would be a shock. When the subject on gay or lesbian or anything like that happens...I think he respects it....but just doesn't approve of it. SO.....Me being a bisexual...=3= yeah.

And wouldn't you know it, he happens to come home right then and we carried on like it was no big deal...I pretty much thought I was safe.

Turns out when dad and I were in one room, watching top 100 artists on VH1, it talked about Freddy Mercury and how he died of AIDS etc. I said something like, "It's a shame he died so young." Dad replied something along the lines of how the lifestyle he lead killed him. Now honestly, I love my dad, but it's that way he said using that tone and phrase that made me think twice about what I asked my mom to do.

She probably outed me to my father.....-_-;;; and he wasn't and probably still isn't a happy camper. Provided I don't do anything to make me stand out in the crowd.

2. LauraMarie

One. CONGRATTTTS and two. lol my mom was the same way she said she still loved me and then asked a million questions! lol i think mom's are just curious -shrugs- and i dont it sounds like your mom told your dad o.o just might of been the slip of the tounge kinda thing. Did you ask your mom if she told him?

3. SecretSheik

Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly.....I'm afraid to bring it up....it becomes so awkward when I bring it up between her and me. I honestly think she believes I might be in a phase and will be not doing either or nothing at all. But for the love of GOD, using that term loosely, it's like an elephant in the room and it's just a thing she just doesn't feel comfortable hearing.

And if we go into a discussion it leads to other things, like why don't I dress more my age, like throwing away my graphic t-shirts, go to church more often...ugh.... or dress more like my sister who even though is 4 years younger than me, has a boyfriend and is just SO much more holier than thou. XP please. Like the grass is ever greener on the other side. Give me a break.