1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my school counselor...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Gipsy, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ...And surprisingly by the middle of the session (since in the beginning he was occupied and had me wait 30 minutes until he could be available again, by this moment I was already crying my eyes out.) he was very open but didn't understand the concept completely of transgenderism. I didn't exactly came out to him, he figured it out when we got into deeper labels. This is how it first begun, basically he named all the labels he's worked in being a psychologist in the past:

Him: I've worked for Identity crisis, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, etc...

Me: What's Identity crisis?

Him: Well, it's when you're not sure of who you are. When you have trouble accepting yourself, etc. There's many types of identity crisis's. Tell me, when you look in the mirror, do you see an attractive young lady? A beautiful women?

Me: Well, I see someone attractive but...

From there I couldn't answer him more, and about 2 minutes later...

Him: Wait, I think I know what's going on...

Me: ?

Him: You were born a female but you feel like something else?

From there I started to cry again, and I don't really know why. He then started to talk about sexuality and was surprised about the fact that I like males and not females, because he said that most people he's met that was in a similar situation as mines only liked their "same" sex.

By the end of the session, he decided that he'd view more on Gender Identity Disorder and that he'd probably call me out on Wednesday or Thursday (which was last week) and he didn't call me out...

So, I don't really know what to do from here. I mean I'm pretty glad he's very open and accepting and willing to educate himself more on my situation, but I guess he forgot to call me out? I don't know...

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, talking with the counselor about it is great, and will give you the chance to understand your feelings better and also become comfortable with your gender identity. Kudos to that.

It is possible that he needs more time to do his research and gain an understanding that will enable him to help you better. I'd suggest to give him a call on Monday, and ask when you can see him next or if he has found information that he could share with you.

In the meantime, you could also look around to see if you can find a counselor in your community or perhaps at school who has a good understanding of gender identities and sexualities.

(*hug*)

3. Ticklish Fish

Yeah... I am thinking he is doing his study/research on that matter lol.

Give him time, or give him a call and see how it is?

On the mean time, don't fail classes? XD