1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guess I'm out now

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Azza, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Azza

Hello, I just thought that I would write my story down here for anyone who is struggling with their sexuality, coming out etc. I hope you find it somewhat interesting and if you manage to read it all, thanks for taking the time. Well here goes...

Just over a year ago I came out to my mother, this is one of the most difficult things I have ever had to do. Her reaction wasn't great and hell she still isn't really OK with it and my Dad, well I think he just ignores it. My relationship with them now isn't great but you know what, I'm glad I did it because now I don't have to spend every day worrying about what they'll think of me if they know because now they know that I like guys.

I have to say telling my parents first wasn't the best of plans, they told me not to tell my friends that it "might be a phase", let me tell you if you're at the point were you can come out to someone, it most likely isn't a phase. Partly because if my parents I decided not to come out to anyone else until I went to university, in hindsight not the best idea. I was happy to do it and so was preventing myself from having a proper relationship with my friends, I was content to stay in the closet for the next two years. That was until I met a guy. :rolle:

I really wasn't prepared for what I felt for this guy, I mean I'd crushed on straight guys before but it had never really been reciprocal so I'd never felt anything too strong. However now there was a guy I really liked, who I thought was gay (and now know DEFINITELY is) and that seemed to like me too. Over several months we talked more and more and then things got kind of messy. He ended up sleeping next to me at a party and not going into too much detail initiated some light groping, which I then returned. Then in the morning he left quickly, didn't want to talk about it and pretty much acted like he had never met me. After this I was pretty much destroyed but what it did do was make me come out to my best friend (with a little help from alcohol haha) because I needed to talk to someone about what had happened. And you know what he was great with it, turns out he was bisexual which I'd pretty much guessed already and after some awkwardness (mainly my fault) our friendship became even better as I could to talk to him about anything now.

After that I came out to more and more friends, my whole friendship group knows and many other too. I'm at the point when someone asks me if I am gay, I can say yes. I feel as if my life is finally coming together, I haven't had any bad reactions - not counting my parents and feel so much better for not having to constantly worry about it. Believe me many people care a lot less than you think they will and now coming out, something which two years ago seemed impossible to me, is now getting easier and easier.

I can honestly say that the one of the things that has helped me the most throughout this, is EC, the advice of its members has been invaluable to me throughout the entire coming out process and I really don't know what I would have done without it. You guys are amazing :icon_bigg

2. Fruitylicious

(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

Amazing:slight_smile: I am still not at a point where I know exactly what I am, I know I am not straight that's for sure lol:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I claim to be pansexual for now because it describes me best:rolle:

Unlike you though I don't really have the courage to come out, because like I said I don't know what I really am and the second is because I don't know how things will come out:bang:

Though reading this is encouraging because I see what you have been through and on some of this I can relate to(*hug*)

I'm in college though and maybe it will all work out for the best, I am not really out going, but maybe it will come together:icon_bigg

This is about you though, not me:slight_smile: I hope everything turns out for the best with your parents, it's not necessary for them to agree with you on it, but it is nice to know that your parents support you:slight_smile:

I hope everything works out for you and your future and of course you know you always have us here at EC for anything(&&&)