1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first "Coming out"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Cassandra, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello! How are you all today! I'm really fine now, I feel more relieved when I can tell my story.

First thing: I tend to be very descriptive, so this will be long. Now now, I'm going to tell how went the first time I told someone about me :icon_bigg

The only people I've told about this, are 2 friends. There are only 4 people I consider "Friends" (everybody else is just a "comrade"). I can't tell their names, so I just call them A, B, C and D.

So, when I confronted myself about what I am, I inmediately knew I'd have to tell it to someone. But, of course, I wasn't prepared to tell it to anyone. I spent a couple weeks pondering who will I speak to, and what would I say. Tought that my family was out of the question for the time being, because I just accepted me, and I needed some time to fully embrace what I am, so I can sepak with all the truth I know (as I always speak). I'm goig to tell them when the right time comes. I usually see the "right time" just before it arrives, so ... anyway.

Then I thought about my Friends. And I realized that I care more about how my friends would react than my family. My Friend D, I know he would accept me if I tell him, but he's a doctor, and I'm really afraid that in order to try to accept me he treats me like I have a decease that can be cured. I'm not certain of this, but the fear kept me from telling him. Then is Friend C, I have a lot of respect for him, and is an excellent friend; but he has shown before that he is unconfortable with different people (whenever a LGBT discussion arises, he seems really unconfortable), The problem is I'm unable to gauge his response if I told him anything about this, even telling him I'm bisexual seems out of the question when talking to him, so I discarded him as an option at the time (truth is, that I may be telling him sooner than I want for other reasons).

That left me with Friends A and B. B is A's girlfriend. I chosed them, because I know A very well, and I knew he not only would understand, but also will support me with all he can. I chose B to be there, because I noticed that she refers to herself in masculine (in spanish, gender is noted on every adjective you use; oh yeah, by the way, I'm Mexican) so I understood she was transgender.

For weeks I planned to tell them, but I was too afraid to do so (even when I knew thwy will support me). Every sushi friday (we use to go to eat sushi every friday since almost a year ago) I though "This is my chance", but I knew the chat would be long, and other friends (C and D) will catch with us, so I couldn't. One day I was soooooo close to tell them, when my brother just arrived.

Anyway, I decided to tell A and B one sushi friday, but other friends came early and couldn't. That night, I waited until A left C and D on their houses (A have a car, but C and D no) and called to his cell, and asked him when would he and B have a couple hours to hear what I needed to say. To my surprise, he said B told him right at that moment they had time, so the turned around and came back to my house.

I was really nervous. More so when they arrived. I told them I needed to speak with them about something. But first I warned: "This is a secret, and such, it constitues a BURDEN, one I need help to carry, one that might be a problem, so It's fair I give you the choice before hearing it". He simply answered: "Thanks, but this is important, so we are listening".

I thanked them both, and tried to start, but couldn't get the courage. I was straining to get it out of my mouth. And then, A said "Wait, I see you have trouble, why not let tells you his story first, to get you the courage". I agreed, and then, B told me about her knowing sh was a male and... well I don't think I need to tell his story. B concluded saying that understood his true nature around 12 years old.

Then I started. I said it happened to me at 6. And from there, the next 2 or 3 hours I spent telling them my story. How I started, how is that I'm bisexual, how I felt, how my denial phase lasted 19 years, how I came to confront myself. And why I needed to tell them. I even told them about [warning]

how I like to have anal sex (passive role), and that I really wanted to had it with him (A). He said he needed permision of B (joking) and B took out his camera and said "Go ahead" (half joking). Also, I asked A to stop his usual jokes about implied anal sex, because I may take his word someday. Needless to say he stopped that :grin:

I can say for sure, that I chose them wisely. I made no mistake, both Friends have supported me A LOT since then. "A" even "forced" me to present me before both of them crossdressed. But that's a story for another time.

If anyone took the time to read all this, thank you very much, I really like to tell my story, I feel really relieved when I can speak it up.

2. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wow! It seems like it all went well for you. (exept for maybe the part where you had to wait to gain courage) I wish I had a physical being to tell instead of just strangers on a computer. But this is, for sure, the next best thing. Congradulations! I am soo happy for you!

3. Valarie

Valarie Guest

Thanks for sharing your experiences

i'll let you know how my coming out experiences go when i actually do so

4. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'll be happy to read about it!:slight_smile:

5. Haley M

Haley M Guest

You must feel a great deal of relief after that! That does take a lot of courage and I am glad that you found it! :slight_smile:

6. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yes. At first, when I actually accepted what I was and wanted, I said it loud and felt a deep relief. Accepting it is the most relieving thing I've done.

But I kenw if I did't tell anyone, that acceptance would fade, I needed to tell it so it would be real. When I did it, I did feel relieved, I felt safe.